Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Mug Rug Swap for May! "How does your garden grow?" is the theme! >

Mug Rug Swap for May! "How does your garden grow?" is the theme!

Mug Rug Swap for May! "How does your garden grow?" is the theme!

Old 04-29-2015, 06:43 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
wow, big undertaking, even just the hems is enough for me.
You need to pat yourself on the back and have a piece of chocolate for finishing that bodice.
Have fun in Memphis, and lets keep our fingers crossed that it all fits.
Tee hee... I did, sort of! I had a chocolate chip ice cream sandwich to treat myself from the trauma. Emotional eating!

Thanks everyone for your commiseration. I do believe this dress will fit her now. Hopefully she hasn't lost weight! She's a gorgeous girl... can't wait to see her in it. And the weather in Memphis is supposed to be perfect this weekend.

Just got done making hubby a big pot of chili and some brown rice and cornbread. A salad is in the fridge. Just so he won't starve to death while I'm gone...
Old 04-29-2015, 07:18 PM
Power Poster

Is the wedding this weekend?? Are you driving or flying?
Have a great time and take some pictures for us.
Old 04-29-2015, 08:20 PM
Banned

I sooooooooo want to join, but I promised myself and my hubs
that I would not join anymore swaps period until I have my sewing
rooms cleaned and organized.
Old 04-30-2015, 04:53 AM

come on Louise you can do it! get zippy! we will miss you until then and that is not fair. look at all the people your letting down? lol. get whipping young lady get whipping and clean that room right up. are you done yet? darn it!

Lynnie I think its marvelous that sewbizgirl is the one sewing that dress and not you nor I. You sew fast but a wedding dress? I think even you might be stumped. I am still stuck on the fact she has to hem that thing! wondering if you can however take in a dress in the sides and not need to take it in in the back also. not so sure about that. and they always lose weight before the wedding just to mess you up sewbizgirl! my daughter is on this starvation diet and running every other day so she looks better for her wedding which means of course the dress she ordered wont fit by the time her wedding comes around. she is determined to lose 20 lbs. ok that is great stupid but great. now what will you do with your size 4 wedding dress? kids! she will make some seamstress a massive head ache. just as long as its NOT ME!

I am still waiting to hear what your planting.. rows of corn? a field of strawberries (oh count me in!) or are you thinking summer flowers and such like roses and sunflowers? you can plant in your mind its ok that's all the real planting I will be doing. I have three packages of seeds and that's it. two planters. I know how wild can you get Linda? pretty darned wild if I manage to get out there to plant those seeds lol. getting back in the house is much harder for me. the step into the front door is too high for old grammy me! wish I was a much more spry grandma for sure. sigh. but I can dream of it. I would have a garden full of roses. I love roses. I had so many when I lived in the Bay Area (CA). They were like a dream come true and a big vase full of them on the dinner table made the whole house just so sweet smelling. swoon! of course I had pansies in fall and winter and petunias and lilies in summer the garden was always in full color. ok I love flowers. I admit it. veggies are great but flowers? who doesn't want to sit and enjoy them on a daily basis. WHAT are you making? which route are you going and why?
Old 04-30-2015, 05:12 AM

OK, I give up. Sign me up for this month. I will send a PM to ctyankee.

Has anyone heard from Kiffie? I haven't seen her posting in quite a long time. I'm a little worried.
Old 04-30-2015, 07:58 AM
Power Poster

Oh Brat, you make the flowers seem so real in the beginning of spring. I'd love a table full of flowers. My lily of the vally are just starting to stick up the green shoots. Love the senct of them in the house. I'll pick them for my house as soon as I can. Love the smell. MY rose bush is starting to fill out and has all new sprouts sticking out. Getting ready. will plant my flowers the weekend after mother's day. that's when it's safe here. Oh, I want them all, all the flowers smell so great. how sweet it is!
Old 04-30-2015, 08:43 AM

I've signed up. I sent a pm a few days ago, but forgot to add my phone number. Thanks for the reminder pm that was needed as well for sign up. I would have hated to miss this how does your garden grow mug rug.

My garden is growing inside for the time being. We had some warm weather and now we are having some cool/cold nights so I have moved the plants inside. I have a 4ft hibiscus bush with large coral flowers which I'm looking forward to getting outside. The flowers are about 6 inches across and they last 2 days. The bush has what looks like hundred buds so hopefully it will bloom all summer. It's beautiful. Hopefully the nights will warm up so the bush can move outside and get into the sunshine. Does anyone know if hummingbirds like hibiscus? I've hung the hummingbird feeders in hopes they will be visiting soon.
Old 04-30-2015, 11:47 AM
Power Poster

the hibiscus looks like a hummingbird would love it. it has the long stamens and pistols like they love when sucking up nectar. Hopefully you'll see some this year.
Old 04-30-2015, 02:20 PM
Power Poster

Lynnie, the wedding is not til May 30. I will be sure to show y'all some pictures.

Yes, the bodice alterations are done (hopefully!) but it still needs the hemming. At least only the fronts of the 4 skirts need shortening. I'm going to taper them into the train. And then I will bustle the train, for her to put it up during the reception and dancing. But the worst is OVER!

Linda, my plan for my MRs was flowers, but they are not literal. They are more abstract. They do feel flowery to me! Can't say any more without giving it away. When are the partners going to be posted? Tomorrow?
Old 04-30-2015, 02:26 PM

Dog gone it Linda...I figure out what I'm going to do, then you come on here giving me more ideas...every thing you suggest sounds so cool!