Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Mug Rug Swap for May! "How does your garden grow?" is the theme! >

Mug Rug Swap for May! "How does your garden grow?" is the theme!

Mug Rug Swap for May! "How does your garden grow?" is the theme!

Old 05-12-2015, 04:32 AM

I love those mug rugs! and the gifts? really? so many in one package. it would feel like Christmas in July for sure! wowsa. Remember while those are stunning packages if you cant send that its ok. Send your mug rug and write a nice note it will be appreciated too. I have to say yesterday I was really surprised when I received a mug rug in the mail for me. Last month Dfelker sent me an icecream cone mug rug and also some beautiful fabrics. This month sewbizgirl sent to me a mug rug that says ... get this drum roll... How does your garden grow? on it. lol I got such a kick out of the fact she found fabric with that saying on it and how PERFECTLY it matched the theme of this month.. it cracked me up. She also sent a sweet book and a bar of delicious smelling soap. Its made with bees wax. my sister makes soaps but with different products so it was so cool to see the similar end results but different products. I am writing her immediately since they got into bee keeping just a year ago. surely they will end up with bees wax in abundance also. The advantage of these soaps is they keep for a long time where as the liquids you buy are gone in a week. also these really are great at exfoliating and also moisturizing your skin so well. its cool to see how creative you women really are. bravo! and thanks to both of you for being so kind to think about me. I love the little mug rugs a lt. these two will go on the wall of fame in the sewing room. don't want to mess them up! HECK NO! lol.
Old 05-12-2015, 09:29 AM

Everyone is getting nice swap packages. I'm just waiting for my swap partner to mail hers out and then I'll mail at the same time.
Old 05-12-2015, 10:24 AM
Power Poster

You are welcome, Linda! I have a picture I can post of the mug rug if you can't, but unfortunately it's on my laptop that needs to go in the shop. So... later. I hope you enjoy the book. It's fabulous!
Old 05-12-2015, 12:07 PM
Power Poster

Katie, beautiful mug rug and great gifts.
I'm still waiting from my partner to see if she liked hers,
I hope she got it.
Old 05-12-2015, 02:19 PM
Power Poster

I was able to retrieve the picture... here's the MR I sent to Elisabrat. When I saw that fabric, I knew she had to have one made in it.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01796.JPG
Views:	110
Size:	1.25 MB
ID:	519505  
Old 05-12-2015, 02:38 PM

Sewbizgirl, you really did find the perfect fabric for this month. How cute is that!
Old 05-12-2015, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by KLTQuilts View Post
Oh, oh, oh I forgot to say . . . ran out of space . . . Dee, your package is in the mail - mailed it today. I checked the tracking number and it's already at the sorting station (wherever that is) and should arrive on Thursday. Sure hope you like the mug rug and goodies
Holy Catfish, Katie! You must have been a very good girl this year! Great swap package.
Old 05-12-2015, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by ctyankee View Post
QuiltyLouise -- beautiful baby!

KLTQuilts -- great swap package you received! What's a straw converter?
Oh Ctyankee - that might be a "southern thing" where some of us drink out of mason jars - the top/lid actually has a hole in the middle that you place the straw through to drink your beverage . Just what will they think of next .. . ?? I'm sure the description isn't what the true name is, but then sometimes I just print things to see if anyone is reading (now I'm being real funny!!!). Yes, I'm a little crazy silly but a good soul
Old 05-12-2015, 04:47 PM

Sewbizgirl - I really like your fabric - it made into a perfect mug rug!!
Old 05-12-2015, 04:50 PM

Lynnie - no fretting . . . I am absolutely sure that your partner will just love her mug rug that you made!!