May Mini quilt swap

Old 05-14-2015, 07:01 AM

On another note, my "alien" mini is on it's way to Junebillie today!
Old 05-15-2015, 06:54 AM

Next month shhhhh don't tell anyone I am going with red/white/blue for our theme. this way you can use 2 of the three or all three.. it doesn't have to have stars and stripes on it it can be just the colors. Hope that keeps those mug rug swappers happy. oh ok there is an alternate theme of picnic for those who don't want red/white/blue.

I happen to love stars stripes and well the whole patriotic theme. Its big in our house. Two vets (my partner and my daughter) who love the holiday as well as oh veterans day. uniforms are out then on display for sure. so I am excited to see what is created here! yippee! yahoo!

In the mean time however I am off to work on my mug rug. I did that incredibly silly little piece the other day. its finished its done its the last block I ever make with 1.5 inch squares. as in EVER, grin. I am not nearly good enough to do that. I say hats off to all of you who can just whip out 32 piece tiny blocks like that. I simply would rather never do it again. I am a wimp! yup I am. Now to the fun part and thank you to every one of you who said they were using floral fabrics but not doing applique oh thank you so much. I felt like would I have to creep out of the room. Glad to know that everyone is interpreting things so differently. Bet they will all be adorable when done. What a good idea this swap was Tlambing. These look so cool hanging by my front door!
Old 05-15-2015, 07:08 AM

Hold onto your skirt Brat! I'm piecing and appliquéing! Done with the piecing OMG, it was fun. Now on to the finishing part. I used 42 different reproduction florals in my mini. I really love it. But, as things go for me...I got it all together and found I have 3 of the same color fabric right next to each other! UGH!!! So, a tiny bit of ripping is in order.

Hope everyone is having a good time and making progress!
Old 05-15-2015, 02:08 PM
Power Poster

Tlambing that is a pretty sneak peek.

Jaba I never did find it. lol.. I found others. I hope to have mine completed by the end of the weekend.

MizMelly I can't wait to get my little alien. I am so excited!
Old 05-15-2015, 04:02 PM

Klassy your mini is on its way,you should get it Monday.Hers a sneak peak
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	120.9 KB
ID:	519779  
Old 05-15-2015, 04:03 PM

That's suppose to say Klaws.
Old 05-15-2015, 04:06 PM

Klaws your package is on its way,you should get it Monday. Hers a sneak peak
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	120.9 KB
ID:	519781  
Old 05-15-2015, 05:58 PM

I found the perfect block pattern to make for this month's mug rug. If my partner doesn't like it, you can always send it back to me. I will like it a lot. And that's my teaser for you. Pic of fabric teaser tomorrow.
Old 05-15-2015, 06:11 PM

Oh I love it!!! I can't wait to get it! Yours is also on the way and should get it on Monday.
Old 05-16-2015, 04:35 AM

what great sneak peaks. and Teresa love the 30's egg basket fabric! its so adorable. and you have tons of pieces in yours too. all of you are nuts. yup I said it nuts. its hard to put so many pieces in something so small. I guess I am used to making something bigger. my mind works in easy sizes like oh say 12" or larger lol. maybe your swap could be mini or jumbo wall hanging swap? no? darn it. guess I will have to keep trying. eventually you will break down I know it! lol.

this weekend is mine to finish the top I made. ok the top is done just need to put together and do the binding. ugh the binding! here I go.. on Sunday. today is last day of the clinic week for me and that will mean a wonderful nice nap after it. under my deep thick down blanket. yuppers. four hours of me time! tomorrow is a day for sewing. got the entire day for me! now that is a treat. how about you guys? what are you doing today and tomorrow?