Newbies challenge

Old 03-12-2015, 10:48 AM

You are amazing crafty55. I'm sorry I dropped the ball with the mentoring program. But the truth is just about all our members will help you with any questions you have.

I bet you could tell me your source in an e-mail.
Old 05-14-2015, 08:47 AM

My name is Deborah or Deb and I live in WA State and I am a newbie quilter!

Being a newbie to quiltting I would love to have a resource for questions . I have wanted to learn to quilt for years and during the month of March I took a class and made a table runner. Quite frankly the instructor was arrogant and rude and several times it was all I could do to hold back the tears. The class was for beginners and I truly am a beginner at that point I didnt even know how to use my rotary cutter and ruler.

So after that experience I went home and started doing research on my own on You Tube ect....I can not see paying my hard earned money to be treated badly. I figure if I get brave, through trial and error, reading and watching video's and asking questions I can learn this on my own.

There is so much I do not know products, terminology ect.

I have been sewing since I was a young girl and I really want to master this! I found a simple example on You tube and started my first quilt on Monday...I had to do some unsewing on Tuesday. Yesterday I started to see progress with my squares and I have started the lay out on the kitchen table but still eyeing and thinking about it..

So I too would love to be adopted!
Old 05-16-2015, 06:44 PM

Hi every one
Male from Canada and have just started to quilt in Jan have made 4 quilts now and still learning but there getting to be more fun now and time goes so fast when i,m quilting .
But keeps me out of trouble.
Tom
Old 05-27-2015, 06:31 AM

Hi Tom, This isn't really all that active of a thread anymore. I kind of dropped out for a couple of years. I hope someone contacts you to help you along. Im impressed that you have done 4 quilts already.