Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
June Mug Rug Swap! Patriotic colors or picnic! your choice! >

June Mug Rug Swap! Patriotic colors or picnic! your choice!

June Mug Rug Swap! Patriotic colors or picnic! your choice!

Old 06-04-2015, 04:15 AM

ok I wanted to say something straight up: If YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH your partner not sending or you sending and they not responding they got it.. WRITE TO ME NOT TO CTYANKEE. She is handling the sign ups only. It apparently is getting out of hand where everyone is writing to her saying they haven't received this or no one commented on if they received that. SHE IS NOT THE ONE TAKNG CARE OF THAT I AM. It gets way to confusing when you write her then she has to write me and I am supposed to remember which of the many emails I get from her on who wants what from where. SEND THINGS TO ME or you will not get your problem handled. Period. ITs not her job to do everything. If you cant understand this which is clearly stated in the rules then will not get your issue dealt with in a timely fashion so please please send me the notices not her. I am blessed to have her help with the confusing part of sign ups for me. She is an ANGEL to all of you and me for doing this. ITs not fair to gift her the burden of doing it all.

ok that said wow was that a finished mug rug that I saw posted? THAT IS FAST! guess they will start coming in quickly soon. I can not wait to see the many different varieties of mug rugs out there. Did anyone figure out how to get them all into one picture a the end of this month yet?
Old 06-04-2015, 09:32 AM
Power Poster

o.k. got off my keister today and made my mug rug today. took a bit over an hour b/c stupid me put a hot iron onto it and the backing shrunk up on me. so I had to start all over again. My vision is really bad now. waiting for the next operation on my eyes in November. This one better work. I pay so much for them, they are experimental and insurance doesn't cover experimental surgeries. Low vision sucks raw eggs. I hope it's up to my partners standards. if not, I'll do something else for her. That said. I don't have a car, so the soonest I can mail is Saturday. Can't wait to see all the goodies coming in.
Old 06-04-2015, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
i'm starting yours tomorrow. I know what I want to do, but have no car till Sunday afternoon.
I hate not having a car, My son is using it to get to school, so that's more important to me. then for at
a month after to get a job b4 he can buy a car. So i'm working on it.
Lynnie - don't worry yourself over the mug rug . . . everything turns out just fine I was busy with errands this morning but will get to "play" this afternoon as soon as I finish this note. Mailing probably won't be until Saturday or the following Monday.

Are we having fun yet???????
Old 06-04-2015, 01:16 PM

Lynnie, I finished my mug rug today also...must have been a good day for sewing! Sorry about your eyes...my sister has great difficulty seeing because of her diabetes and I am amazed at her great attitude...sigh...she used to sew suits and wedding dresses and things that I could only dream about but can't sew at all anymore. I guess we just need to be thankful each and every day for whatever we can do, cause we never know what might be in store??

Everyone must be busy sewing...I'm not ready to mail my package as I want to do some other fun things, but glad that the main "enchillata" so to speak is done.
Old 06-04-2015, 01:23 PM

I have not figured out how to post a composite photo of all of our mug rugs. Even though klaws was kind enough to provide a link, when I got there ... well, I couldn't figure it out. Obviously, I need more help in that area. And I really haven't had time to deal with it. So, if anybody has detailed instructions, maybe I can work with that. Otherwise, it will have to wait for another day. Sorry.
Old 06-04-2015, 02:08 PM

Wowzers! I just finished up my mug rug for Chocolate Lynn. I've never been done this early. What a good feeling and I'm pleased how it turned out. Nothing fancy or difficult. My first time using Thinsulate in case she really wants to use it as a mug rug but I also added three corner hanging triangles in the event she wants to hang it. I've been know to use a knitting needle until I could get a dowel to hang my pieces. <giggle>

Now onto creating something for Omee5. Oh what a fun month this is going to be.

Best,
deb in Maine
Old 06-04-2015, 02:32 PM

Heard from my partner today and we have agreed to exchange patriotic. I am seriously into planning mode now Oddly enough, I don't seem to have much in the way of red, white and blue that will work for this. Oh dear, I might have to go to the fabric store!
Old 06-04-2015, 02:37 PM

I heard from Jacie the other day. and have responded.
Now just what to do.....
Have an idea now just to put it together, unless I change things I my mind again.
Old 06-04-2015, 03:10 PM

Debbyg and I have had some nice chats and we are both open to either theme. Almost finished with hers but left town for a wedding. Will finish it up next week.
Old 06-04-2015, 03:26 PM
Power Poster

my husband said he liked the mugrug, so it meets with his standards.
I hope my partner likes it.
off to work on the hexes. I'm getting a lot donw on it. Maybe by the end of summer it will be done. it's my,' it's summer and I don't have a car quilt"