Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
June Mug Rug Swap! Patriotic colors or picnic! your choice! >

June Mug Rug Swap! Patriotic colors or picnic! your choice!

June Mug Rug Swap! Patriotic colors or picnic! your choice!

Old 06-05-2015, 06:20 AM

Lynnie have you considered all that work on hexi's is hard on your eyes and making the strain worse? I know how much you love doing them but maybe less of them or put that project on hold for a bit? you are truly brave to have these experimental surgeries. I know how important sight is however and probably would do the same thing if I had that need. ok who am I kidding I have trouble reading anything with that is small print or tiny stitches!

I apologize for any hurt feelings on my post about writing to me about any issues you might be having on your mug rug partner. I get frustrated just like the rest of you on do on different things and sometimes get louder than necessary when I post a comment. I just would so hope that everyone read the rules in the beginning of the swap so what needs to be done is clearly listed for you. That's all. I again apologize if I hurt anyones feelings or was too harsh. sigh. I blew it. What can I say beyond that?
Old 06-05-2015, 07:45 AM
Power Poster

Brat, you have a good point there. I catch myself handsewing 4 or 5 inches from my eyes.
the problem is hexes are like an addiction. I can't stop myself, I had a dream about them last night.
Even Zoey loves them, trying to claim another one for herself. NOT!!!
Old 06-05-2015, 09:33 AM

I've PM Lynnie with the tracking number for her mug rug - it's in the mail and expected delivery is set for Monday, June 8th (we'll see ). Sure hope she likes it . . . I got the "stamp of approval" from visiting grandson and dh , but will it pass with flying colors from Lynnie?????

Now back to the sewing machine - I've got another mug rug in the works - such an addiction I have going on with myself !!!
Old 06-05-2015, 10:38 AM

Working on my partners patriotic rug mug this weekend, also with working on a couple of other swaps.
Old 06-05-2015, 10:45 AM

Oh Guys,

You are so organised.... I always seem to post just before the deadline!!!! Still I suppose it is BEFORE the deadline - LOL LOL LOL!

Hugs

Caroline
Old 06-05-2015, 11:43 AM
Power Poster

My swap is all ready to go! My partner says she is a deadline mailer... sigh. Might just send mine ahead of hers. I know she is trustworthy and has swapped in this swap many times before.
Old 06-05-2015, 12:15 PM
Power Poster

I don't have my car so i'm hoping to mail tomorrow or have my dh mail on Monday. I'll notify f the tracking number.
Old 06-05-2015, 01:05 PM

I've heard from my partner and we are exchanging picnic theme mug rugs. I've got some really special fabric that's been waiting for just such an event as this and can't wait to get started sewing.
Old 06-05-2015, 01:48 PM

Hi everyone, just go home from Alaska last night. still somewhat exhausted, but a good exhaustion. My DGD's are here and excited about what we are going to do. We stopped in one of my favorite quilt shops in Montana - The Enchanted Room in Glendive. Cute shop in an old house. My DGD's also enjoyed...they had their first experience with purchasing their own fabric. Kassie is trying to be patience with grandma, but I will have to give in soon to go to the "Henhouse".
This is a day, I need to get laundry down from trip and things picked up some.....hubby has been home for 3 days, and you can only I imagine what needs done. A man that can't seem to find the dishwasher to put his dishes in, instead of piling in sink.....ugh!!

Anyway......we are home and will start working on my next mugrug asap. I bought QUITE a bit of fabric on my trip and need to get in washer before it lands in the "Henhouse" and I got about 5-6 more patterns of which 2 are booklet's. Now I have a couple more projects to get started and I can't wait for that either. What's another UFO?????

Well, I should scat, thought I would check in........and sewbizgirl, it will be worth the wait.

Robinlee

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
My swap is all ready to go! My partner says she is a deadline mailer... sigh. Might just send mine ahead of hers. I know she is trustworthy and has swapped in this swap many times before.
Old 06-05-2015, 04:41 PM
Power Poster

I never mind waiting to receive... what I don't like is waiting to mail if its ready to go! So yours will be winging its way to you, Robinlee, as soon as I get your address.