Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
June Mug Rug Swap! Patriotic colors or picnic! your choice! >

June Mug Rug Swap! Patriotic colors or picnic! your choice!

June Mug Rug Swap! Patriotic colors or picnic! your choice!

Old 06-10-2015, 08:55 AM

I have to chime in and day most months I don't have a lot of extra money so I hAve fun with just adding in things I have made... everyone seems to enjoy the hand made items over candy or candles etc. anyhow..... PLEASE Don't feel you have to send extras its a matter of choice to embellish your swap... and if you chose to seed more that's up to you... there's no rules stating you can't. Over the years I have found all of you ladies very generous .....
Old 06-10-2015, 09:40 AM

I think most of the time it's things that we make that we send along in the swaps.
Old 06-10-2015, 10:37 AM

I am with all of you. chat with your partner about what or not to send extra. There is too much drama in life, lets please keep it to ourselves.
Old 06-10-2015, 12:11 PM
Power Poster

If I were to drop out, the reason is not because we can't send gifts, but because restrictions are being placed on what we can and can't send... and now what we can and can't photograph. I am against further restrictions of any kind, including the photo restriction. Not only does this stiffle creativity but it also robs the joy right out of sending a swap package.

If someone made a special extra, like a needlecase, pincushion, mug warmer, coaster or whatever, it definitely deserves to be shown.

We are adults. We can decide what we want to make, send, and include in our photos! Every last detail does not need to be dictated.

Where were the "high end" gifts? I've been in this swap at least 6 months now and have yet to see anything I would consider 'high end'. I send used fiction books, quilting mags, fabric FQs from my stash, or squares from my stash, or little goodies I make. It doesn't take much to sweeten the pie. And I'm not going to stop doing it. I'd rather drop out.

As per your question Brat, I think you should just let people fend for themselves. Tell them you are not responsible for what people send, and let them work it out with their partners. Maybe this swap isn't for everyone, but if it gets stiffled by regulation it may end up with no one who feels comfortable here. I agree that it's unnecessary drama.
Old 06-10-2015, 01:09 PM

I agree -- too many restrictions. We should talk to our partners & make a decision between ourselves. I'm not a fan of having rules regulating every move we make. I think, Elisabrat, you can't please everybody, so let's just make general rules & act like adults. I would like to see photos of all the goodies everyone gets, but what to send? Talk it over with your partner. If she can't do more than a mug rug & is uncomfortable receiving more than a mug rug, so be it; I can live with that. Communication is key here.
Old 06-10-2015, 01:11 PM

By the way, I mailed a package to my swap partner today after work. She will receive it on Saturday, 10/13. Woohoo!
Old 06-10-2015, 01:35 PM
Power Poster

I enjoy making and sending the 100% cotton wash/dish cloths
and I think people like getting them. they are good for scrubbing faces or
pots and pans, or little dirty hands. I hope people like getting them.
I enjoy getting seeds from all over too. Little goodies like that.
a chocolate bar is fun too.
Old 06-10-2015, 05:10 PM

It reads in the rules already to send a mug rug to swap. If you send others things that is okay and if you can't or don't want to that is okay too. I have done both in the past. I feel that is the senders choice I never felt bad when I received more than I sent. It was a choice we all made.
Old 06-10-2015, 06:11 PM

Lynnie's package should be arriving sometime this week (at least that's what the tracking number website says!). I leave in the morning for Florida and I so much wanted to hear she received her mug rug before I departed However, I'll peak in on the Board to see if she has it . . . and, of course checking out all the other mug rugs. Such talent!!!
Old 06-10-2015, 06:14 PM
Power Poster

Katie, you should rec yours tomorrow too.
I hate my Post Office, they always lie to me.
Maybe I should go to them tomorrow and ask for it.
Anyway, don't bother yourself. Have a fun trip and enjoy your weather.
I'm not concerned about it being held up, so, please, don't you. have a safe/fun trip.