Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
June Mug Rug Swap! Patriotic colors or picnic! your choice! >

June Mug Rug Swap! Patriotic colors or picnic! your choice!

June Mug Rug Swap! Patriotic colors or picnic! your choice!

Old 06-16-2015, 02:37 PM

Jaba, I love your sewing area. No wonder you got emotional. It looks awesome and it also looks like it was a lot of work! Good for you!
Old 06-16-2015, 02:39 PM

nhnative, that round Uncle Sam is just the cutest! Very clever and your extras are so nice. Love the vintage look of the doily, etc.
Old 06-16-2015, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by dfelker View Post
PS... I love it when I am not late! WOOHOO!!
It is a great feeling to get the packages sent off, isn't? Always anxious to see what my partner thinks!
Old 06-16-2015, 03:07 PM

Jaba, all I got is........W O W (with a little drool)
Old 06-16-2015, 03:47 PM

Hi Guys,

I have just just been looking back through the thread and noticed the debate on whether to send goodies with the mug rugs and noticed that Linda asked for all our thoughts.... Well, here are mine....

I love these exchanges.... I enjoy getting to know each new partner....... I always send a few little extras (nothing major just some tea or hot chocolate, some fabric and I always try to send a little trinket that I have made). I, as with some of the others, would not like to be told what to send or what to post photographs of..... If my partner has sent just a mug rug or if she has sent extras.... I like to post pictures.

But, it should be noted that.... I DO NOT EXPECT ANY EXTRAS. I only expect my partner to honour the commitment we have all made.... A mug rug...... I do not think any less of my partner if I only receive a mug rug... I understand that we all have different circumstances and income. I DO NOT EXPECT anything else. Of course I appreciate any little extras, but I love the mug rugs and that is why I participate. I am sure it is the same for most of the people who do participate in this swap.

I totally enjoy my mug rugs.... I always place one on my dining room table and I rotate them so I can enjoy all the wonderful mug rugs I have been sent. I do not pass judgement on any aspect of the swap as I know my partner will have done their best in all aspects... Workmanship, timely posting, keeping in touch etc. NO QUILT POLICE OR JUDGEMENTS HERE.

Now, as somebody said earlier..... Let's pull on our big girl panties, enjoy the swap and just have fun!

Finally, the Uncle Sam mug rug is a hoot... I love him.

hugs

Caroline
Old 06-16-2015, 05:17 PM

This basement is kind of a fluke of bad judgement. It was an entertainment room and tv room. Hubby and I never came to the basement to watch TV then we bought a regulation pool table and planned on knocking out a wall so it would fit. NOT, supporting wall that we could not use. So no room to really play, then pushed it against the wall and I could never get around it to clean..not good ladies trust me it's been probably 4 years that it was there. Then I got a really good deal on the long arm so had to have it. Just decided about a year ago that the pool table had to go. Finally found a guy that wanted it and he had a small one so we traded. Like I said to hubby and he told me.."At least there is a use for the basement and it is used" I truly have to pinch myself also and feel very lucky to have it. Today was so wonderful sewing in it, I followed myself around all day.
Old 06-16-2015, 05:23 PM

jaba -- what a wonderful work area you have! That has got to be every quilter's dream! I know your sewing time will now be extra special. Enjoy it!

nhnative -- that roly poly Uncle Sam really is a hoot! That was a very clever idea! So unique! And I love all your extra goodies, especially the crocheted doily (love that pineapple pattern!) & the little basket. Lucky recipient!
Old 06-16-2015, 07:57 PM
Power Poster

Jaba, love your cutting table and the area you have your rulers set up and cutters.
everything is so nice, and all those pretty fabrics. have fun.
Old 06-17-2015, 04:22 AM

Hi all,
Just popping in to say hi, and see how everyone is.

Anastasia,
I'm so sorry about the loss of your brother.

Dabbler312,
I'm so sorry about your dad as well. I pray you both find comfort in your sweet memories of your loved ones.

Quilty-Louise,
I know I mentioned it over on the mini swap, but I don't think I can say it too much that your grandson is precious!!

I love all of the mug rugs, as always lots of creative people here on QB!

rwquilts that's an adorable mug rug!!! Nhnative Pat, you outdid yourself!!

Miss y'all, hope to be back in swapping soon..
Regards,
Kif

Last edited by kiffie2413; 06-17-2015 at 04:29 AM.
Old 06-17-2015, 05:01 AM

Thanks for all the compliments on Uncle Sam. I did not come up with this idea on my own and it's in the Art To Heart Easy Does It Patriotic. I just love all the Nancy Halvorsen books.