Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
June Mug Rug Swap! Patriotic colors or picnic! your choice! >

June Mug Rug Swap! Patriotic colors or picnic! your choice!

June Mug Rug Swap! Patriotic colors or picnic! your choice!

Old 06-19-2015, 12:47 PM

Pat, we survived without any rain getting in the house. We had a pond in the backyard, actually some of it is still there. We just have to make it through this weekend now. We had two houses near us have collapsed basement in 2011. It was terrible. Both times we had over four feet in the basement and the water was up to almost the top of our above ground pool. Thank goodness it wasn't that bad last night. God was watching over us!
Lynnie, we are drying out and praying that we don't get more rain but it is forested for both Saturday and Sunday. So
More prayers requested for staying dry here. Too bad we can't send it out west where they really need it.
I agree the mug rugs are all very pretty. Everyone is so talented!Laurel
Old 06-19-2015, 12:54 PM

Pat, I forgot to add that I hope that your son is doing OK. My dogs love to bark at our mailman but our yard is fenced in and they are normally in the house. They bark at anyone that comes to the door. The UPS man is afraid of them. He always tells me, don't let them out! They haven't ever bit anyone.
We had a lady mail person that always left a doggie biscuit in the mail box for them. And if she would see them out back she would stop her truck, toss them a biscuit and talk to them. She was a wonderful mail person, she went out of her way to help people. If she knew you were sick or unable to go to the mailbox, she would bring it to the door.
Hope your son doesn't have anymore scares! Or dog bites!
Old 06-19-2015, 01:58 PM

Nice mug rugs everyone ! I will just make the deadline. My allergies knocked me on my butt. Can't and won't go near machinery or sharp objects when head is all fuzzy. I just have to sandwich and quilt it and off it goes.
Old 06-19-2015, 02:08 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm View Post
I'm glad the air has been cleared re all the extras that may or may not come with the mug rugs. I will join again.
Hi Dotty,
This swap is already in progress but we are supposed to get a new sign up thread for the next one on the 21st.

I think the final decision on the "swap goodies" issue was to leave it alone and let us each decide what we want to send a partner. At least, that was how I 'read' it. The little extras are never expected, but always fun when they do show up.
Old 06-19-2015, 09:36 PM

Default Thanks Dflecker

Dorothy thank you for the flag mug rug. It is blue, not black. Also I will enjoy the teabags, the fat quarter, tea bags and patriotic pencils.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	6-18'15_0003.JPG
Views:	129
Size:	319.0 KB
ID:	522874  
Old 06-20-2015, 04:49 AM

Laurel I'm glad that you didn't get any water in your basement. I was watching the news this morning and there was a tornado that touched down in Uniontown. I could not believe all the trees that were down and someone's above ground pool was twisted. There are still power outages. It was bad and it even went into Hartville. From the rain I got here, which wasn't much, I just couldn't believe all this happened less than 20 miles from me. Hopefully we won't get much more rain. Thank you for your concern of my son. He's ok and is now in another section of Kenmore. He did say there was a nice meat market on 16th St. I'll have to check that out. Take care Pat
Old 06-20-2015, 05:47 AM
Power Poster

Another adorable flag MR!... this time by dfelker. Very cute swap!

nhnative, glad your son is ok, and YOU too. Weather can be so scary.
Old 06-20-2015, 08:45 AM
Power Poster

cute mug rug. and I LOVE those fancy pencils too.
Old 06-20-2015, 01:55 PM

Very cute flag mug rug, dfelker, nice swap package you put together!
Old 06-20-2015, 02:11 PM

I love all the different flags. As a retired art teacher, I always say "Art accepts many answers".