Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Blessed with more fabric and books! >

Blessed with more fabric and books!

Blessed with more fabric and books!

Old 06-26-2015, 03:58 PM

You can never be too rich ,too thin or if you have a lot of space have too much fabric Diane c
Old 06-26-2015, 04:02 PM

What is the meaning of this word "enough" that you speak of?????
Old 06-26-2015, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by DeborahH View Post
I was just going to post a question about how you develop a stash. I have been just buying for the project that I am in the process of doing. I buy what the pattern says to buy but no more. It seems I am always having to go buy fabric. I never have any. How do you collect so much? Is it worth it to buy the smaller pre cut fabrics that i keep seeing and hearing about?
when I buy for a project I usually will purchase about an 1/4 yd more--just "in case"--shrinkage, mistakes, etc. Overtime you end up with lots of extras! Plus if I see a gorgeous, must have fabric I usually will buy 3 yrd. All that, added to those saved cutting scraps soon builds a stash.
Old 06-26-2015, 11:50 PM

She Who Dies with the most Fabric Wins ......I intent to win, never enough , as I have told
my husband at least it is fabric and not husbands , he just laughed reckons no other husband could afford me .
Old 06-27-2015, 02:41 AM

we revamped my quilt room a while back and I purged some fabrics...so now when it gets overwhelming I just weed out some fabrics....give them to charity or a friend that I know would like it...happy quilting !!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-27-2015, 02:45 AM

It is an addiction. But, for me it has gotten me through some rough times. Quilting is something I watched my grandmother do, who is now gone and I have wonderful memories of her from all the quilts she used make. I will try not to buy for awhile and work on finishing UFO's. Then I stack them up again. Therapy!!! Have fun and give the ones away you will never use.
Old 06-27-2015, 03:41 AM

Originally Posted by Diane C. View Post
You can never be too rich ,too thin or if you have a lot of space have too much fabric Diane c
I like what you said��
Old 06-27-2015, 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by cathyre View Post
She Who Dies with the most Fabric Wins ......I intent to win, never enough , as I have told
my husband at least it is fabric and not husbands , he just laughed reckons no other husband could afford me .
hehe. now that is funny. my hubby could relate to that.
Old 06-27-2015, 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by aronel View Post
I don't think I will ever stop collecting. I started with Carnival glass, went to auctions for more glass and got a winning bid of a Singer in a cabinet for $15.00, that is what started my addictions to sewing machines, fabric and anything quilty.
I too started collecting carnival glass. went to auctions and enjoyed. I got my first singer 15 for $20 years ago and still have it. I guess it is easier to store fabric than more glassware. 😊
Old 06-27-2015, 04:01 AM

I am in the "saving up for retirement" catagory LOL! Currently at Shipshewana for the quilt show and the temptation is HUGE as there are many, many places to shop in this area.