Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 >

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Old 01-14-2010, 03:47 AM
Power Poster

I've just posted a tute on inset seams, because there are a couple coming up in the triangle LS 10.

Klue, if there is room, please could you include which week number the thread pics are? Each time you have a new post, I have to go to my list to find the week you are referring to.

I am racing away at the moment because I am enjoying doing these little blocks far more than I thought I would. I know that Cutie did a tute on Y seams, and if people haven't ever done one, I suggest they try triangle TR 9, before they tackle RS 6, even though it comes a week later.
Old 01-14-2010, 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by sonwest
Originally Posted by 3incollege
I finally finished week1 blocks and the triangle! It took me awhile to get started. I'm using Civil war fabric ,now I'm having doubts.
I'm a little behide and I want to catch up, this is so addicting. Will we be doing applique soon?
I'm using civil war fabrics too, but keep seeing so many other beautiful combinations, I want to change my mind! I love a green/purple combination, but would have to buy so much fabric!
I am also having the same problem I wanted to do civil war but only have some so I decided to use them for the triangles and kites and go scrappy with the rest but use one color for background. I haven't started yet and seeing all these beautiful blocks is making me rethink everytime :shock: :shock:

but don't have the funds to start all new :-( so I better just stick with what I got and get going!!!
Old 01-14-2010, 04:54 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Lacelady
I've just posted a tute on inset seams, because there are a couple coming up in the triangle LS 10.

Klue, if there is room, please could you include which week number the thread pics are? Each time you have a new post, I have to go to my list to find the week you are referring to.

I am racing away at the moment because I am enjoying doing these little blocks far more than I thought I would. I know that Cutie did a tute on Y seams, and if people haven't ever done one, I suggest they try triangle TR 9, before they tackle RS 6, even though it comes a week later.
thanks for posting the tutes.

a few people have made the suggestion but i can't go back and make corrections, in the future posts i will do that.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:09 AM

I've done y-seams, and it's my opinion if you leave a little hole at the "y" it's not too big a deal. You can go behind and tack it down, or you can always quilt over it!

Cutie, I reviewd the tute,and am wondering exactly how you positioned the white over the colored...did you by any chance take a photo of it right before you laid it on top that you can post?
Old 01-14-2010, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by kluedesigns
you guys should go check these janes out.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-34050-1.htm#723042

blue, there's a play on the storm at sea with just one large block it looks awesome.
Wow! Those are great! Gives me some ideas on the sashing, especially the corner stones. It is also interesting that not everyone makes every one of the 225 blocks and some of the borders are different. Gives me hope! I think I am going to play around with some of these ideas.
Phyllis
Old 01-14-2010, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by Janstar
Those are beautiful Kelly! What a nice person you are ESQ!!!
ESQ..so thoughtful! Those are so beautiful, can't wait to see what Kelly does with them!
Old 01-14-2010, 12:35 PM

esq.... awesome fabrics, you're a darling! I love the bunnies, they're just too cute!

sonwest.... Absolutely! lol The "mainland" is what we call our South Island, I was born there and although I now live in the North Island (and have done for MANY years) I still consider myself a Mainlander at heart. :-)

Klue... I really like that setting, it just goes to show even one single block can be amazing. I feel like my head is going to explode with all these ideas. I really like the ones set on point too, if I do end up doing a few of a different colourway I might look at setting them on point.

Lacelady... the tute is awesome, thank you. :-) As for racing away, these little blocks are sooooo addictive aren't they!!
Old 01-14-2010, 01:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BlueChicken

Klue... I really like that setting, it just goes to show even one single block can be amazing. I feel like my head is going to explode with all these ideas. I really like the ones set on point too, if I do end up doing a few of a different colourway I might look at setting them on point.
well then this is going to burst your brain.

these are the jane blocks (and others) done in diamonds instead of squares (like squares are so easy).

http://lindafranz.com/index.php?sectionId=66
Old 01-14-2010, 01:09 PM
Banned

and look how great this table quilt is - i just love it.

my credit card is blazing DH would have my head if i purchased another thing related to jane.

http://lindafranz.com/product.php?productId=8
Old 01-14-2010, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by kluedesigns
Originally Posted by BlueChicken

well then this is going to burst your brain.

these are the jane blocks (and others) done in diamonds instead of squares (like squares are so easy).

http://lindafranz.com/index.php?sectionId=66
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

*wipes grey matter off keyboard*

I think I'm in love!!