70 Block Quilt Pattern...Bible Studies >

70 Block Quilt Pattern...Bible Studies

70 Block Quilt Pattern...Bible Studies

Old 07-02-2015, 05:03 PM

Here is the site for Bible Studies 72 blocks
smithowensew.com
Old 07-04-2015, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltnLady1 View Post
Would love to do this quilt.I just priced the book -- way out of my price range. Haven't been able to find more than a couple of blocks online. Sigh!!
There is a book on this? They are just traditional blocks and you can get them free all over the web.
Old 07-04-2015, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Rina View Post
The Bible Studies and Women of the Bible is two different quilts. The Quilt Corner is posting Woman of the Bible series on their newsletter. #18 is on this week.
Yes I have joined that site am getting those. I just need the name and I will print them out of Block Base ...
Old 07-04-2015, 07:17 PM

I got all 73 blocks from that Smith link...
Old 07-04-2015, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by reginalovesfabric View Post
I have patterns 4-40 saved on my computer of the women of the bible. My set didn't have but 40 patterns. There is another Bible set, it has 70 patterns in it I will have to remember the website and it's free.

Regina
I only managed to download 20 of the women of the bible but got all 73 of the bible study.... I will keep searching..

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 07-30-2015 at 03:43 AM. Reason: edit quote as orig post
Old 07-05-2015, 03:08 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quiltedsunshine View Post
I've printed all 50 of the "Women of the Bible" block patterns, and have got 12 blocks done. I hope to finish it someday to put on my King size bed. It's a big quilt! Most of the blocks are pretty easy, but there are a couple harder ones. It will be a beautiful quilt when done. Here's a picture...
I have printed the "Women of the Bible" but I only have 40 blocks. Are there 10 more? The layout and setting instructions only use 40 blocks. If there are more blocks I would like to print them. Your blocks are really neat and I hope to start making mine as soon as I finish my current projects. BrendaK
Old 07-05-2015, 08:11 AM

Here is another site that has Women of the Bible blocks. I missed the first 2 blocks from Little Quilts and found them here. (https://truebluequilters.wordpress.com/). They have tutorials for 49 blocks so far. Blocks 50 - 52 are on the right side of the page under recent posts.
Old 07-08-2015, 04:43 PM

Ok I checked out all the sites that are doing this. I also joined the Yahoo site. They all do different blocks and different names, so you can pick, choose and refuse lol....
Old 07-09-2015, 10:33 AM

What's great about all these sites, it's that it's all free and you if you sign up for their newsletter they will send you the block you are working on, all free. These are all traditional blocks and there are so many of them 5000 or more that if one wanted to research the names, one could also come up with a totally different quilt. What I like is that I can see the blocks that someone else picks, because I never go look at those blocks in Block Base unless I am working on something lol.

I also like to see the colors that different people pick and they are all so beautiful. I joined the Yahoo site and you can get all those blocks by just clicking on the pdf. Some will tell you the name of the block and you can find them on the web or Block Base.

When I first started to quilt, I thought I would make a sampler quilt out of all the quilt blocks until I found out that there were more that 5000 blocks lol. over the years I have bought a whole series of old time quilt books, all on a cd, on ebay, also embroidery, and newpaper patterns. So, even tho I have EQ and BB, I still go look at those ole newpaper patterns and 10 cent books. lol