Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
New idea--humorous, not serious >

New idea--humorous, not serious

New idea--humorous, not serious

Old 07-27-2013, 04:21 PM

Think how TV would change if we were the programmers.
Old 07-28-2013, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Rose S. View Post
You have peaked my curiosity...haven't seen the show...your last line kills me. Also, have always got a chuckle out of your signature quote.
I have a terrible time with spelling. A few years back I was standing in the check out line at Best Buy and the kid behind me had on a t-shirt saying "Bad Spellers of the World U N T I E" I'd have stripped it off him but his momma was right there.

I've had it brough to my attention that I misspelled "unite'?????????? Some people just don't get it.
Old 07-28-2013, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by JoyceHoopes View Post
I love all of the ideas posted. Right now I'm gleefully envisioning the bloodshed (hopefully computer generated - can't mess up the fabric!!) when a professional organizer tries to get a quilter to reduce her stash o)). Or even better when that person decides quilter's stashes don't constitute a hoard and is last seen wallowing in a pile of fabric. Not that I've ever wallowed (yeah right!!) but a friend of mine at a quilt show kept her fabric bags in bed with her so she could pet them at night. Oh my.
I'm assuming Florida's "stand your ground" law would cover fools who try to oraganize any of us.
Old 07-28-2013, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Jan in VA View Post
Quilt police (And how they get shot down!)
Quilter Master Chefs (Who can make the fastest, easiest, "decent' food in order to get back to the studio?)
Quilting Couponers (and the best internet sites for "Cheap S.E.X.) (Stash Enhancement eXperiences)
Chili cheese dogs work with my hubby/
Old 07-28-2013, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by jkwynn View Post
I'd love to see a show that followed a charity quilt (for kids, for soldiers, etc.) from the shopping stage all the way to the end.

You'd meet the quilter(s), see the whole process of picking fabrics/patterns, etc - learn a little about them, and when it's finished, you'd also meet the recipient(s) and see their story, why they are getting the quilt, and so on.
Wouldn't have to go far--------------but it may take time sorting out what I wanted
Old 07-28-2013, 09:00 PM

We could just show off our hobby to others and get them excited about it. After all, quilting is a hobby for many, not all, and machines are just tools that we use. Some of us just have a few more tools than others but that also applies to mechanics, do it yourselfers, etc. We would stress the hobby part and ignore other potentially dangerous words and/or phrases.
Old 07-11-2015, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by sandy l View Post
How about "Name that Pattern", but with a part of it missing....Or, my favorite.."find the missing piece of fabric"
When we first signed on to AOL many moons ago, there was a quilter's chatroom and one night a week, I think either Thur or Friday, they played a game. The hosts would give out a clue, and we would have to guess the name of the pattern. It was hilarious...laughed till I cried many times, and met a good friend there.
Old 07-11-2015, 04:20 PM

Love this thread but there is something missing. We need pictures of all these rooms that have all this fabric laying on shelves, chairs the floor etc.
Old 07-11-2015, 06:20 PM

I can relate to many of the things , here ....husband always shaking his head and asking "Have you found any treasures yet " as I clean my sewing room , the thing is he is always right I find something I forgot I had .
I just wish we had some sort of Quilting show here I Australia . I wouldn't waste my sewing time watching rubbish about , picking a husband from a line up or Real house wives from anywhere .
Old 07-12-2015, 03:59 AM
Power Poster

Bring back Simply Quilts. That was such a good show.