Row by Row

Old 07-13-2015, 07:42 AM

So far I have 14 patterns - big thanks to friends and family for stopping at stores (including the 10 stores I visited with my quilty SIL on the first Saturday). My other sister-in-law drove from Victoria, BC to visit family, east of Toronto, ON (Canada) and now they're heading back. She said they're taking a different route (more northern) so we mapped out stores they might be able to stop at. And my quilty SIL is right now in the northeast USA (she just joined the quilting world) and she'll be picking up patterns as well. I'm hoping she'll be able to get a pattern for my favourite RxR from a store just south of Springfield, MA. Either way, I'm so spoiled!

Anyway, I finally pieced my first Row By Row, it's a kit from one of the Oshawa, ON (Canada) stores called Ruby Pearl Quilts. Sorry for the other quilts behind it, confusing the photo. Have a look at the Ontario, Canada page. [ATTACH=CONFIG]525041[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	RubyPearlQuilt2015.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	154.8 KB
ID:	525041  
Old 07-13-2015, 08:14 AM

A friend and I combined the Washington state shop hop with row by row in late June. I am also collecting rows closer to home in the Vancouver area of BC. The rows are quite varied in the interpretation of water, and in quality but I am doing a quilt using sea creatures and scenic. I have not bought any kits and have managed to get 3 rows done so far.

Will I be able to get my quilt first into a store for prizes? Not likely. But it is fun, nonetheless. Next quilt from the rows will be a rain theme.
Old 07-13-2015, 01:39 PM

I have two local shops in Garden City and Springfield, GA. I would be glad to trade patterns or kits and license plates with quilters in other areas.
Old 07-13-2015, 02:37 PM

I'm having fun collecting a few patterns as we have travelled from BC to Manitoba and now heading back. Today we found a lovely shop in Saskatoon called 4-40 it's only been open for 1 and 1/2 years and the pattern is a bargello with appliqued fish. Also stopped at a little shop in Foam Lake, Saskatchewan this morning and got their pattern. I haven't been purchasing the kits but have bought at least one meter of fabric at each shop.... and maybe a tad more
Old 07-13-2015, 02:56 PM

I haven't been purchasing the license plates this yr. but I have gotten a few kits.............calla
Old 07-13-2015, 03:42 PM

If you live in Minnesota our Quilt Shop in Zumbrota wins they drew a sketch of the Covered Bridge the only authenic Covered Bridge in the state of Minnesota it is lovely
Old 07-13-2015, 04:31 PM

I am doing it although I only have four so far. I live in Florida so the water theme this year is good! Well, no I haven't actually sewn them yet! My cousin in PA did pick up a pattern from a Meadville shop for me!
Old 07-13-2015, 06:43 PM

So far, I have gone to six shops for the row by row. I liked the patterns in all but one shop. However, their pattern was suitable for a runner. Hubby was very patient and received praises from women who walked by the car and saw him waiting for me! I did find two quilt shops which were outstanding in the variety of samples and patterns. Since they are out of state, I will definitely make it a point to "visit" them when we travel. No sewing yet as I am finishing up projects for a local quilt show next month. All in all, with the row by row, I actually got to shops I've read about for years.....:-)
Old 07-14-2015, 08:09 AM

I am doing this. I'm getting patterns and kits from friends. So far I have seven states. Some of these are just adorable. The states I have patterns from are NM, TX, MI,OH, PA, NY, and IL....I would love to get more states if I can. I'm stuck home in a wheelchair, so I'm not going to be traveling, but do have friends who do. PM me if you are interested in helping me. And I'll help you. Katie
Old 07-14-2015, 05:21 PM

I have collected 7 patterns so far. 2 Friends and i went on a road trip to amish country and picked up all of the free patterns there and than got 2 more from our local quilt shops. going to see about another road trip LOL!!. I only bought one kit from our local shop. Its of Lake Erie here in ohio and right up the street from me just had to have it. I hear a shop in Sandusky has there with Cedar Point so may just buy that one too!!`