Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Husqvarna Mega Quilter >

Husqvarna Mega Quilter

Husqvarna Mega Quilter

Old 07-30-2015, 10:17 AM

Default Husqvarna Mega Quilter

I have an opportunity to purchase a Mega Quilter by Husqvarna and before I do I'd like some input about this particular machine. I've been sewing on it for about a month now and I love the way it sews. The lady who owns it would like to sell it, but she hasn't told me how much she wants for it. I think she wants me to just make an offer and I have no idea how much it's worth. Any ideas what a fair price would be?
Old 07-30-2015, 11:18 AM
Power Poster

Which one, the 18"X8" or the 9" throat?
Sold listings on ebay for the small one were between $400 - $500, including shipping.
Old 07-30-2015, 01:13 PM

I would also try calling the company. I know Gammill will give you a fair market price on their machines if you can give them the serial number, so maybe other companies can, too.
Old 07-30-2015, 05:23 PM

While you're checking prices keep in mind that the 9" machine is the same as the Pfaff Grandquilter 1200. I think it's also the same as the Janome 1600, but don't quote me on that one.
Old 07-31-2015, 07:28 AM

I started quilting on a frame with the 9" MegaQuilter and loved it. Never had to change the tension on it ever no matter what thread I was using. My problem was I wanted/needed a larger throat machine so sold mine. I kind of wish I had kept it now for regular sewing. Using my old D1 for my piecing and love how I rarely ever need to change the settings on it. I also have my scant 1/4" programmed into the machine so I just have to press that button when I want that size 1/4".
Old 08-01-2015, 05:05 AM

I own two of them...one I bought brand new and use on an inspiration frame....for me and the machine quilting I do..it has been a great solution. The second I bought used this spring for $500. I did buy from a Viking dealer and had them send out for a complete service before I purchased. The used one I use to machine quilt smaller projects, bags, and piecing (the quarter inch foot is very accurate).They are fast and strong machines. My thought is, unless you know it has been recently serviced...$400 is a fair price to offer....unless the seller wants to sell for less of course.

P.S. I would buy as many as I could...if I could get away with it....lol
Old 08-01-2015, 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by Hcim55 View Post
I own two of them...one I bought brand new and use on an inspiration frame....for me and the machine quilting I do..it has been a great solution. The second I bought used this spring for $500. I did buy from a Viking dealer and had them send out for a complete service before I purchased. The used one I use to machine quilt smaller projects, bags, and piecing (the quarter inch foot is very accurate).They are fast and strong machines. My thought is, unless you know it has been recently serviced...$400 is a fair price to offer....unless the seller wants to sell for less of course.

P.S. I would buy as many as I could...if I could get away with it....lol

Oops.... Inspira frame......darn spell checker.......