Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Subscriptions >

Subscriptions

Subscriptions

Old 08-05-2015, 03:02 PM

I no longer subscribe to anything, I have enough on my plate to keep me busy till the end of time !! So many quilts so little time. I really did like Quilty Magazine, but they are no longer published.
Old 08-05-2015, 03:12 PM

I mentioned earlier that I let all my subscriptions go, but I will happily pay for a pattern that I really like - plenty of free ones out there, but if there is something special I want to make, will support that designer.
Old 08-05-2015, 04:26 PM

Ameerican Patchwork and Quilting. I considered not renewing my subscription, but ended up doing so. Have been pleased with the latest issues.
Old 08-05-2015, 06:02 PM

Thank you all for the many suggestions. I am really amazed at how many quilting magazines there are.
Old 08-05-2015, 06:14 PM

I agree with maminstl. As my subscriptions expire I have not renewed. I do have the auto pay for the Block which I do enjoy. I look at the store and only buy if there are any patterns I think I might make
Old 08-05-2015, 07:46 PM

Fons & Porter Love of Quilting, McCalls Quilting, Quilting Arts, and American Quilter. I like the F&P patterns because they're interesting and sometimes challenging. I really like Quilting Arts to completely change my perspective about design possibilities.
Once, I got a Machine Quilting Unlimited magazine and it's a beautiful magazine with lots of instruction about FMQ and LAQ techniques and designs. I don't do much FMQ but was very fortunate that my LAQ'er had posted a quilt of mine she'd worked on and a writer for MQU contacted her and me to include my quilt as an illustration about sashing (Nov/Dec 2014 issue)! If I ever get into FMQ, I'd subscribe to that magazine.
Old 08-06-2015, 01:21 AM

I have a subscription to MSQC Block; Fons and Porter, and Quiltmaker. I enjoy them all.
Old 08-06-2015, 02:26 AM

I don't subscribe to any magazines any more. There is too much free stuff on the Internet. I look at the ones my local library subscribes to and I occasionally go to the bookstore, buy a cup of coffee, and spend time looking at their magazines. If I find one I really like, I may buy it.
Old 08-06-2015, 03:46 AM

Our library has a used book room. I volunteer there once a week sorting and shelving donations. I find tons of quilt magazines! I take them home...love reading them then take back what I don't want. I get a lot of inspiration from them. I do not like subscriptions from any magazines...it seems I am always getting bills from them...But that is another story! Check your libraries....could find something good!
Old 08-06-2015, 04:25 AM

Does it occur to anyone that by NOT subscribing to any, if practiced by a large majority of quilters will eventually shut down magazine publication? For myself, there is only so much I want to put on my hard drive, thumb thingies and discs. I really like holding a magazine in my hands and having it there to leaf through when I sit down on the couch. Where I live, it is now almost impossible to find quilting mags in any of the stores, Wally might have two but the drug stores have none anymore.