Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Have you tried the Slidelock? >

Have you tried the Slidelock?

Have you tried the Slidelock?

Old 08-09-2015, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
That is the original purpose of the Slidelock to be on top of your ruler. Not on the cutting edge of the ruler but to hold your ruler in place. It use to be called RULE STEADY. I have one of the first ones from Australia and one of the newer ones. They are both exactly alike.
Perhaps they have found that they work better IF they are NOT on top of a ruler.....the video does not show that at all.
Old 08-09-2015, 08:57 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by imsewnso View Post
Perhaps they have found that they work better IF they are NOT on top of a ruler.....the video does not show that at all.
I think like a US marketer, the no miss cut feature will sell more then the safety feature.
Old 08-09-2015, 09:00 AM

I have the large one, and if used correctly they are great. Really good for someone with arthritis, all you have to do is put pressure on it for it to hold
Old 08-09-2015, 09:53 AM

I watched the video, I placed an order!
Old 08-09-2015, 10:07 AM

I think they should have lines on too so I took a marker and made my own. Works great now.
Old 08-09-2015, 10:14 AM

After reading on the board here, how experienced members had a moment of distraction with a rotary cutter and were emergency room bound, Painful recovery times....I wince just thinking about it.

I was convinced the Slide Lock was a necessary item for my sewing room. For me there was the learning curve of using two rulers one with lines to measure and then placing the Slide Lock next to the ruler and then removing the lined ruler. I cannot understand placing the Slide Lock on top of another ruler as other's have stated, I would think you have defeated the purpose of the Slide Lock locking onto the fabric to keep the ruler from sliding?

I first bought the smaller one because the demonstrator suggested it was her 'go to' size. I used it and loved it eventually purchasing the larger one which is probably my 'go to' size preference.

Old 08-09-2015, 11:21 AM

I purchased them when they first came out. The long and the shorter one. Now they have lights and I surely wish mine did. I really really like them.
Old 08-09-2015, 11:32 AM

Mine has the "lights" However, unless you cut at the right angle you do not really see the "light". I tell you this so you realize you are not missing out on much...really and truly. If the light in the sewing room hits the slide-loc at the right angle, where you are standing it shows, but you already have the ruler in the correct position....so it is redundant IMHO.
Old 08-09-2015, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by cwcquilters View Post
I purchased them when they first came out. The long and the shorter one. Now they have lights and I surely wish mine did. I really really like them.
It's not 'lights' per say, it's the fluorescent acrylic that makes the ruler appear to light up. I totally agree with the previous post that says you really aren't missing anything as I don't find the 'light up' ruler that helpful on my cutting area/setup.
Old 08-09-2015, 11:51 AM

Best money I've spent. Broke my wrist 5 years ago & it's still weak. The slidelock makes cutting so much easier for me.