Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Virtual Quilting Weekend -  Sept 4 to Sept 7, 2015 >
  • Virtual Quilting Weekend - Sept 4 to Sept 7, 2015

• Virtual Quilting Weekend - Sept 4 to Sept 7, 2015

Old 09-05-2015, 04:04 AM

I made part 5 of the 6 part quilt in McCalls magazine yesterday. Part 6 is assembly and I may just go ahead and do that today. I have to go to my LQS for a ruler I need to cut out Gabi's quilt and I will be at the library this afternoon volunteering at the book sale.
    Old 09-05-2015, 05:16 AM

Seems like I haven't been here in months. I had some health issues since last November, and after 3 surgeries in that time, I am ready to get back in the swing of things, and try to return to normal, whatever that is.

I am going to be finishing up 18 pillowcases I am making for one of our QB friends. She donates to a couple charities in her area, one being a homeless shelter. I have been making pillowcases for her for about 5 years now, so hope to get more made. Two years I donated 100 pillowcases each time. This year maybe 40 or 50. I also have some flying geese log cabin blocks (Jenny Doan's) that I want to work on. I have 24 done, want to do many more. And I may do a couple jelly roll quilts to use up some of the many jelly rolls I have accumulated.

I love what everyone is doing, will try to post pictures later.
    Old 09-05-2015, 05:42 AM

Krista, those foxes are super cute and modern!

I want to finish a baby quilt top I am making using the Boston Streets pattern. It started off slow but I think I can finish this weekend. Not a lot of other quilting planned, I need to alter some clothes and cook/clean for a party.
    Old 09-05-2015, 05:44 AM

Well, I'm trying to finish a few UFOs laying around here.........2 pairs of pants hemmed up, just removed the stitching and pressed the new hem, embroider a couple quilt labels, continue hand stitching the binding on the monster quilt I've been working on but had to get a label made before continuing. Then work on some blocks for placemats for a new couple in our congregation. He liked the quilt I'm hand binding so I found some leftover pieces to make up some blocks just like it for his placemats. One way to use up scraps, then on to working on a baby quilt that's on the frame. Had to tweak some of the quilting patterns. And if there is any time leftover, work on the additional thread rack I started yesterday out in the workshop but cut 2 pieces incorrectly so out of the framing sections needed. I know, measure twice, cut once............but I thought I measured correctly..................obviously I didn't.......DRAT!!!!!
    Old 09-05-2015, 07:08 AM

Cleaning!! First time since we moved into this house 18 years ago, I am cleaning my sewing room. I need more room plus I am buying way too many duplicates just because I can't fins the original one. Want to make any bets I won't be able to find anything after I'm finished????? LOL
    Old 09-05-2015, 07:43 AM

Okay, I have 18 pillowcases finished, just have to press them, and I have 8 more cut out. I am going to switch projects for a while and make a coins quilt using a jelly roll that has been in the drawer for way too long. It will go to charity.
    Old 09-05-2015, 07:46 AM

Everyone seems very busy. I have finished the tops of six placemats was originally going to be only two but then I decided to use a charm pack and so I just kept on going. I plan to sandwich and quilt tonight and maybe do the machine binding then I can hand sew the back of the binding tomorrow evening whilst watching TV.
    Old 09-05-2015, 08:29 AM

I've been distracted from my sewing. This little guy is pacing around my back yard (in an urban area). Poor thing is terrified and can't figure out which way to go. Waiting for Wildlife Services to call me back. In the meantime, I'm too busy watching him through my window to concentrate on quilting

[ATTACH=CONFIG]529830[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	bambi.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	529830  
    Old 09-05-2015, 08:50 AM

OMG!
    I'm with you - I wouldn't be able to take my eyes off of him! Hopefully, Mom is around and can be found, too.
    Old 09-05-2015, 08:53 AM

I so totally understand your cat situation! I needed to prewash some fabrics yesterday but Molly was sleeping on them so I had to wait. This happens to me all the time. DH says I'm silly, but the cats rule! Well, most of the time.