Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend -  Sept 4 to Sept 7, 2015 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend - Sept 4 to Sept 7, 2015

Virtual Quilting Weekend - Sept 4 to Sept 7, 2015

Old 09-05-2015, 09:05 AM

I have GOT to finish a couple of Knife Cases for the Chef's in my family that cater in the vineyards of Napa, and my DGS has been carrying his knives in a bandanna of all things. I have one ready to turn the pockets on, and haven't even thought of how to start the second. So I'm in. It will be fun to get pushed a little
Old 09-05-2015, 09:08 AM

My machine will be humming along with the rest of you. That is, after my rotary cutter does it's thing. I am going to make a quilt to donate to firefighter or victim of the wildfires in Washington state. It needs to be quick because I have to drop it off at the LQS soon. I'm going to cut sew 3" wide X WOF strip sets and then cut them into widths to fit around some star blocks. Oh, and I'm doing it for a guy because I have a lot of browns from another project and it seems men don't get a may quilts as the women. The owner of the LQS is having a Sew-In on the 26th and I'm hoping to get it done then and maybe another by pick-up date Oct. 31.
Layers of Hope is picking up and delivering the quilts to eastern Washington.
Of course, this means the fall wall hanging, living room throw, and guest room log cabin blocks are on the back burner!
Hope everyone enjoys the weekend and gets a lot accomplished!
Old 09-05-2015, 12:11 PM

Great looking projects, I really like the fox quilt. And the long arm,with 4 quilts to be finished. As for me ,I just finished the outside chair cushion. 😊 glad that's over! Have to buy some new fill, before I can show. Stayed up last night,and cut out 32 Sugar blocks for my scrapy quilt. I Am ready to get that heavy thread out of sewing machine,and grab my blocks. Hope I have a picture later, of progress. Really having problems,I want to match my blocks. My first scrapy. What can I say for myself😣 maybe because my scrap pile is not big enough. You know those colors have to match. Right ?
Old 09-05-2015, 12:37 PM

I am excited that there is a place to encourage me to finish a top that I've had for years! The fabric and pattern were given to me many years ago. My daughter saw a finished square and loves the pattern and fabric. Are we to send a picture of our completed project?
Old 09-05-2015, 12:57 PM

Please post pictures, Donna. Completed, uncompleted, whatever you like. You could show us the finished square(s) you have now, and then what you get finished during the weekend.
Old 09-05-2015, 01:34 PM

Wow, glad to see so many of you working with me this weekend. I finished quilting the one quilt and sandwiched a second. Cut out and pinned a couple of the soft books. Our power has been on and off today so didn't dare turn on the sewing machine. And I didn't want to cut out too many other projects as I have LOTS ready to go already!
Old 09-05-2015, 03:34 PM

Managed to quilt one placemat. I have real problems with my quilting even straight line using a walking foot, had to rip out and re sew. Hopefully the others will not be so problematic.
Old 09-05-2015, 03:46 PM

I'm in. (if it's ok) Been working on labels for QOV's. Boy is my head spinning. Putting the service men's picture on it and I know I've done them way too many times. (Need 25) Going to take a while.
Old 09-05-2015, 03:50 PM

Hello everyone. I have been sewing with you today. I'm working on my last 2 sets of sunbonnet sue Halloween blocks. I miscut my block size on 1 set and now I'm redoing that set. I was almost done with that set too. Oh, well I have rest of today to work on them. I washed my fabric for the mystery train ride #11. I will cut out the 1st step tomorrow. I'm also washing material for Nebraska quilt I plan to make for my hubby. I hope he likes it. And my final project is get 1/2 done sewing binding on a pink and blue quilt. I'll post pic later tomorrow. Happy sewing and quilting everyone. I check in tomorrow.
Old 09-05-2015, 04:54 PM

I completed the first one on my list, and it's already at the quilter's. I'm putting bright yellow minkee on the back. It is for my only cousin's grandson. Am going to try to post a pic. [ATTACH=CONFIG]529872[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	1.32 MB
ID:	529872