Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Fiesta ware colors help with Kona colors. >
  • Fiesta ware colors help with Kona colors.

• Fiesta ware colors help with Kona colors.

Old 09-16-2015, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by Auj
    I love the idea of making placemats to go with your friend's Fiesta Ware. I thought I'd share what popped into my mind - black Kona cloth with piano keys along one side in the colors. That way the placemats will match whatever color of plate is used.
    That is an excellent idea. I was in Kohls on Monday and took pictures of the Fiesta dishes to help me decide which colours to use.
    Old 09-24-2015, 04:49 AM

I am following this thread. I, too, am going to make place mats for my daughter who just started with 10 colors of Fiesta Ware. My problem is I don't have a very good selection of Kona, Moda, etc. cotton here locally to choose from and I am afraid I will have to order online from someplace like Hancocks of Paducah or MSQC. When ordering online, you don't really know how well the colors are going to match just by looking at the thumbnail picture. I want the solids for Fiesta Ware lapis, peacock, turquoise, plum, shamrock, scarlet, sunflower, poppy, tangerine, and lemongrass. If anyone has the knowledge of what Kona matches these Fiesta colors, I would be forever grateful. This is the best place to find help!!
    Old 09-25-2015, 07:59 PM

There is a website run by a quilter who is also has a degree in computer science. Her site is www.play-crafts.com. She invented a tool that she calls Palette Builder, and you can access it on her website. You upload the photo with the colours that you want to match, and select spots in your picture. The program will give you the shade of Kona (or whatever option you select) that matches the colour in the picture. Maybe that will be helpful for you? I have used it myself many times and it is a wonderful tool.

This is the direct link: http://www.play-crafts.com/blog/palettebuilder2/
    Old 09-26-2015, 09:57 AM

Thank you, thank you beanjekins! I tried out this site and it is fabulous! Some of the colors I wanted, I was able to match myself and when I ran it through her web site, they were spot on! The four colors I couldn't do myself were given to me through her uploads and to me they looked perfect!!! Someone said on this board that Fiesta has a color card chart for their dishes. I was unaware of this but that would be another option. The other thing nice about this site is that you can download the Kona or Moda color swatches to Illustrator or Photoshop for quilt designing. This site has taken out a lot of guess work and time for me. Thanks to you all for posting your help on this board!!!!!