Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 01-07-2010, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Linda Gill
I have been reading the quilt forum a long while....have not posted anything, but I love machine embroidery. I have a BabyLock Ellego. My soft-wear is Designers Gallery and Pes is the format. If I knew how to post pictures I would. Love all the advice I get from all of you. Its the best part of the day when I can learn from all of you.

Hi,

I use Designers Gallery.....learning more and more about it! I have an Elegante2 Babylock.
I also have the Palette with the card as I also have an Ellure and you need to use the card with that one....not computer compatible.
It's such fun, heh!

Bev
Old 01-07-2010, 08:38 PM

I have a Singer Futura CE-100 that my sister left to me when she passed away. I am not sure how old it is but I don't think it is over a year old yet.

I wrote to the singer company and they sent me an e-mail about the formats I could use and I would like to get some of the embroidery designs off web sites that I have looked at but don't know how to download them to my design library for my machine. Does anyone know how to do that. The singer company said that the formats xxx, pes and others that I can't remember right now would work. Could use some help if you don't mind. I would like to use the designs from the EMB Library. They are so cute.

fatcat
Old 01-08-2010, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by PamQuilts
I have a Husqvarna but I have never learned how to embroider on it! I keep thinking I'll take classes (the closest one is 45 min. away) but I never do!
I, too, have a Husqvarna Viking, an SE LE, for the last 2 1/2 yrs.......I love it and have almost all the software that goes with it.........I've learned 'sew' much more from taking the classes and clubs (driving an hour each way)and would encourage you to do 'sew' and to also join the SOS program.........Happy Sewing.........Sewze
Old 01-08-2010, 07:08 PM

Thanks, Bev. I cannot wait to get my Ellegante home. I got a good deal on the upgrades so it behaves just like Ellegante 2.

I watch Nancy on PBS every Saturday. Yes, I like her stuff. I am not a digitizer, so the tech side is really important to know in terms of design transfer. With this new machine, I should really like the USB capability, and plan to get a hub to plug in a mouse and CD drive. Have some design CDs I could not use with my old Esante because I have the Vista, with 64 bit OS that would not work with the converter box. Will be nice to get to use those finally.

My thing is vintage reproduction sewing. I costume antique reproduction dolls. The new machine is going to make this a breeze! I plan to make my own laces, insertions, etc. for making these costumes. I also like garment, crafting, and home dec sewing that I think this new Ellegante will handle very well. I am a handquilter, but look forward to the machine embroidery and quilting in the hoop.

Just got my ESE2 sold, so will be preparing to send it to the new owner this next week. It is an excellent machine, too. Just could not keep 2 embroidery machines.

Thanks for your email. Yes, I promise to send pics and keep my sewing buddies updated on my progress.

Take care, Ronda

Hi,

You will absolutely love your Elegante when you get it home, I have had mine for 8 months, it's the limited edition Elegante 2 that is signed by Nancy Zieman (impressive heh....LOL!). I sew, quilt, and embroider on it, does whatever I need to do and I love the features it has...especially the threading, so neat!
Be waiting to hear how you are doing with it!

Sure do love my Babylock machines!

Bev[/quote]
Old 01-09-2010, 12:42 AM

Did she leave you a manual? If not you can do a search online for one or, order one from Singer. I would think after finding out the format, the next step would be to find out what kind of memory card it uses. Then whether that size fits your computer. Emb library has a tutorial to show you how to do this, in the Help maybe? Look the page over I am pretty sure they have a tutorial.
Hope that helps.
Old 01-09-2010, 12:45 AM

Sorry I meant a tutorial to show how to download.
Old 01-09-2010, 08:51 AM

I would email Babylock directly to ask how to download designs from PC to your Ellageo. It is not hard. You should have a PC connecting cord that plugs into your computer to your machine. Then choose the file to download from screen and click.

I think Emblibrary uses Embird program to show how to download.

Either way, contacting Babylock or your dealer would be helpful.

Let me know how you come out.
Old 01-17-2010, 06:33 PM

Thomas Sewing Center is where I got my Janome 11000 the lady that does the digitizing is great I am in her class right now . It is also my LQS My sister and I are doing 2 BOM right now
Billie
Old 01-17-2010, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by sewmom
Has anyone with the Janome 9000 had trouble with the bobbin thread showing on the front when embroidering? i ruined several designs because the white thread was all pulled to the front. i could use the same thread in the bobbin but that gets pricey and i think wasteful. A local Janome dealer told me to use serger thread in the bobbin, but do i
dont have every color in that kind of thread.
My 10000 that I gave my daugher had that problem it was the bobbin tension my husband is a sewing machine mechanic and she brought it to him and he adjusted the bobbin tension and she says it sews perfect now
Old 01-17-2010, 06:55 PM

I Have a Brothers Disney that only uses the 4x4. Bought the PED Basic in April. In Nov. I got a great deal on a Bernia Deco 330 that has the 5x7. Came with the older Magic Box. Wish I had bought the magic box instead of the Basic to begin with. You never know when you JUST MIGHT get a different machine and the magic box Reads and writes to 4 different size cards. Each machine uses a different size card. The PED only writes to 1. Love having both Machine.