Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Ta DA!! They are IN!! in One Day...New Machines Arrived! >

Ta DA!! They are IN!! in One Day...New Machines Arrived!

Ta DA!! They are IN!! in One Day...New Machines Arrived!

Old 10-02-2015, 03:17 AM

So glad all is well and you are enjoying them. I just have not got the hang of FMQ yet, but the 2010 does superb with the walking foot for straight line and wavy line quilting. Keep us posted on how you do---maybe I will work on it again!
Old 10-02-2015, 03:43 AM

Congratulations on your new machines. What a nice review you have done on them with your experience so far! I look forward to hearing your thoughts after you have used them for a while.
Old 10-02-2015, 04:20 AM

before you invest in a superslider, try waxing the bed and extension with car wax, the kind you rub on, it gets foggy then you polish off. I have the Juki TL 98 and I do lots of FMQ and the waxing has helped lots more than the superslider.
Old 10-02-2015, 05:34 AM

I have both of these machines!! I love them both. Yes, I too was a little disappointed that the 600 was not a metal casing, but it is a true workhorse! I also expected a little more of the embroidery - but I'm still happy; they are easy to use and the manuals are easy to follow. Good Luck!!!!!
Old 10-02-2015, 05:51 AM

I love how your post is just glowing with excitement! Congratulations on your new tools! I haven't used a Juki but I hear good things about them - I hope you love using them!
Old 10-02-2015, 06:49 AM

I hope this doesn't sound like a stupid question, but why did you buy 2?
Old 10-02-2015, 07:05 AM

How fun! Christmas in October! I know nothing about Juki, have never even sewed on one, but I LOVE the big throat on the one in the last photo!
Old 10-02-2015, 07:18 AM

I have the same two Juki's!!!! I just got the HZL-F, mine is the 300. I got it on sale for under $600.00. It came with
20 bobbins and 100 Organ needles (assorted). I have the 2010q on an SR-2 Gracie quilt frame. Works great. Plus, the 2010q can be removed from the frame. I use it when I do 'stitch in the ditch' quilting, can't tell you how smooth this machine works, it is beyond words. Takes the 'chore' right out of it. Have fun!!!
Old 10-02-2015, 08:08 AM

I have the 2010. I would encourage you to try different methods of fmqing. I found that, using the darning foot, I usually leave the feed dogs up and the stitch setting around 2. I feel like I have better control this way.

I, too, have an issue with the gloves making me feel too hot. Someone, maybe on this board, recommended that you cut shelf lining (the bumpy kind) to a size a little larger than your hands. Then, just place it on the quilt with your hands on top and go. I used this method all summer with much success.

Good luck with your new babies. I think you will love them.
Old 10-02-2015, 08:52 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by boykinsmommy View Post
OOPS! Didn't mean to leave out anyguys that may be on here! I realize there are guys who quilt and I amso glad they do! I keep telling my hubs he should give it a whirlbut he just thinks I'm crazy. LOL! Sorry if I hurt anyone's feelingsbut leaving them out!
There might be a way to get your hubby and sons interested in sewing. Let them know that a sewing machine is a power tool for fabric, it's an electric thread injector! Seriously though, we got one of my grandsons interested when he wanted me to make him a drawstring bag for some of his toys and I told him no, I wouldn't make it for him but I would help HIM make it. He's 17 now and does his own mending, etc. My 6yr old GS loves to watch my "magic machines" (embroidery machines) make pictures on his clothes, back packs, etc..and I know he will enjoy sewing his own things in time. Now if I could just get the GIRLS this interested I'd be totally happy.

Oh, and it's not weird that your Janome dealer was trying to sell you a new Elna. Janome builds them. The Elnas just cost more than the comparable Janome, he was trying to make more $$ from you.

Cari