Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
July - October 2015 Wall Hanging Swap >

July - October 2015 Wall Hanging Swap

July - October 2015 Wall Hanging Swap

Old 10-29-2015, 12:56 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by JNCT14 View Post
Mine is ready to mail, will send Rhonda a PM. Top for the next one is done as well - just have to quilt and bind. Piecing a second Desert Rose for friend in Florida that is going through a bad time.
Wish I was as on top of things as you always are dear JNCT!! I admire how fast you get things done. I tend to procrastinate way too much. Takes me along time to even figure out what I want to do LOL
Old 10-29-2015, 12:57 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by MizMelly View Post
Sadly, I'm sitting this one out because I got caught up with a project for a dear friend who had a bad stroke. I made a "recovery quilt" using signature blocks from all her friends giving their best wishes and encouragement. It must have worked because she's almost completely recovered from what could have been a debilitating stroke!
Anyway, sorry I couldn't participate, but maybe the next round when I have less obligations.
I agree it is a wonderful thing to support a friend! Swaps come and go but friends are the best
Old 10-29-2015, 01:07 PM

Hi ladies, I'm going to do my level best to get mine finished today or tomorrow. I have had a medical emergency w/ my dog this week that has me way behind.
Old 10-29-2015, 02:01 PM
Power Poster

Kassaundra hope your dog is doing better. It's always hard when your furry ones are in trouble.

Hope to hear from you by Saturday night!
Old 10-29-2015, 03:08 PM

He is 12-14 years old (rescue so not sure) and needed emergency surgery. That went well, but we are having a new problem w/ much pain from unknown origin and ataxia (difficulty walking). He has always been a Velcro dog to me, but it has gotten so bad this week I can't even go to the other side of the same room w/o him trying to reach me and screaming in pain. It is making getting ANYTHING done nearly impossible.
Old 10-29-2015, 04:54 PM
Power Poster

So sorry to hear hat your pet is in distress. Take care and really don't pressure yourself over a quilt. There will be another swap. Hope all works out with "velcro"<3.
peace
Old 10-29-2015, 07:50 PM
Power Poster

I can sympathise Kass. We have a 12 yr old dog and we thought she was dying a few months ago. had to do IVs and tests. Found out she has Cushings Disease. she is also my velcro dog. I was peeling potatoes for supper and she was 6 inches from me. and that was only because i had the trash can in front of me. She is in alot of pain at times. she limps alot and has a hard time getting up. But if i get up she gets up and is usually in front of me or beside me. I tell her all the time she is not a planet orbiting around me! I know we will have to put her down in the coming months but won't do it til she gets worse. Upside is she loves taking her meds. LOL she begs for them.

Yes a wall hanging isnt' as important as your loved furry!
Old 10-30-2015, 01:13 AM

I'm sorry Kass. If anything happens to my furball my DH would flip. He loves that dog. Im glad I get a chance to get these WH done but I get up really early to do them. Sewing is therapy....
Old 10-30-2015, 07:31 AM

Just spent all morning at the vet's. Tucker is getting worse, but we can't pinpoint what is going on. All the tests are good, blood work and x rays, we've run out of horses, and are looking for the zebra's now. He's going on high doses of prednisone and neuro pain management for the weekend and see if any changes by Mond.
So the peacocks won't "fly" until next WH swap
Old 10-30-2015, 04:44 PM

Old skaduz here is behind the eight ball so it's a no go for me this swap. And I had such good intentions. If I get this Christmas wallhanging done before Christmas I guess it will go to one of my kids now. I'll be in for spring and start early....that's a promise! ��