Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 15 "Rosebud" 3 month group >

Boom 15 "Rosebud" 3 month group

Boom 15 "Rosebud" 3 month group

Old 10-28-2015, 02:45 PM

Glad your mom's house is getting some nibbles - and more important is that you are back to the machine and the desire is returning. As we have been on the road I have been making my lists of what I will work on first, etc. Then I got a huge bag full of shirts and ties to make a quilt for SIL (Yes, I did say I would when his father passed, just didn't expect it so soon!) So now I can't wait to get to Florida, and will have to take a few days to clean and set up - and itching to get into fabric!!
Old 10-28-2015, 04:41 PM

Good news on your Mom's house. Let's hope the nibbles turn to giant bites. Is real estate moving in your area? Real up and down here but we have tons of homes being bought and knocked down with big fancy homes being built on the lots. Have had three on our block so far
Old 10-30-2015, 04:05 PM

Hi, Bee. I haven't disappeared completely. I still check in to see what everyone is doing. Our church has a mission trip to Honduras coming up this coming May and I've been busy making pillowcase dresses to send with them. We've set ourselves a goal of 100 dresses, so I'm plugging along on it to do my part.
I am looking forward to the next Boom. I've really missed doing this one.
Hope everyone is well and looking forward to the upcoming holidays. Take care All.
Old 10-31-2015, 02:42 AM

Libster!....a big hug your way! So glad to hear from you! And to hear that you are busy with special projects as usual. Would love to see a picture of your pillow case dresses and love having you back with us for the next Boom! I am looking forward to the holidays this year, especially staying in touch with everyone here on QB and having the time to finish up my Boom quilts.

Janice has mentioned some new ideas for a next Boom in January, so I am definitely in!

Thank you so much for posting an update....we have missed you! <3
Old 10-31-2015, 02:48 AM

Wow! so nice to hear from fellow Boomers out there! Hello to Gaijin, Givio, .....I know there are others.....and especially to LizBrat.....<3...thinking of you.
Old 10-31-2015, 11:16 AM

Bee-I've got a new camera so I'm hoping it works right for me. These are a couple of the pillowcase dresses that I'm working on. A new Boom in January gives me the incentive to get these dresses finished up. I am so ready for some gorgeous quilt blocks again. I'm getting ready, I ordered two different fabrics this morning.
BTW, All- Connecting Threads has a great sale on their threads right now. I ordered a set of their Essentials thread too. Okay, here goes.....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	101_0009.JPG
Views:	125
Size:	108.0 KB
ID:	534623   Click image for larger version

Name:	101_0010 (2).JPG
Views:	122
Size:	114.6 KB
ID:	534624  
Old 10-31-2015, 07:39 PM

Libster very cute, I love these little dresses.
Old 10-31-2015, 08:09 PM

Libster very cute, I love these little dresses.

Janice so glad a few people are looking at your mom's house. Hope it will sell quickly.

Kass, those are some amazing chickens! What a style you've created for your chickens!
Old 11-01-2015, 05:06 AM

Libster! So glad you've checked in. I hope you are well. Love the dresses. I'm sure they'll be greatly appreciated.

Much to my astonishment there's a little bidding war on mom's house. We may actually be able to have a contract in a few days. If it works out it would be a big relief to all of us.

Just going to enjoy a quiet Sunday. Hope you do too.
Old 11-03-2015, 04:18 PM

Oh boy!....visiting my Mom almost daily....and when I arrived there last Thursday...all the patients had their flu shots. Several were coughing and very symptomatic....except my Mom who always refused a flu shot every year. Now I have it......just when I was catching up on my Boom quilts....

Love the dresses Lib, and Terri I know how hard it is to be so close and can watch my Mom have bad days....but just when I accept that she is worsening...she bounces back.....thinking of you!

Janice, so glad you are having peaceful days and thing are settling a bit.

Stay in touch...heading for a new box of kleenex ...