Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 >

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Old 01-18-2010, 10:15 PM

I dunno. Wish I had the answer. Seems like this is a big enough project that they'd like to do something like that, but I have no say in the matter.
Old 01-18-2010, 10:28 PM

Blue, I don't think we get Blackadder but I'm not that into TV.

It will all be OK, a resolution will surface soon, I'm sure. In the mean time, I have had a heck of a time with A-9 lining up on edge pieces. The center? No problem LOL. I think I need a beginner course in triangles!
Old 01-18-2010, 10:35 PM

Way to go retro...keep up the dialogue on the blocks!
Old 01-18-2010, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by retrogirl02
Blue, I don't think we get Blackadder but I'm not that into TV.

It will all be OK, a resolution will surface soon, I'm sure. In the mean time, I have had a heck of a time with A-9 lining up on edge pieces. The center? No problem LOL. I think I need a beginner course in triangles!
Those triangles are giving me nightmares! :?
Old 01-18-2010, 10:40 PM

I totally agree, nightmares!... I cant seem to get the hang of those things yet... I think quilt blocks should e just that.. BLOCKS!! Lol, I have never seen a block with only three sides!
Old 01-18-2010, 10:44 PM

LOL

Yep... blocks should have four sides at least! ;-)

The first one went so easily, that's the problem, I got over confident.

And I'm not even going to attempt to explain Blackadder... Rowan Atkinson was the star, really doesn't need much more than that! LOL It was hilarious, and the "cunning plan" was a phrase that made it into popular language here.
Old 01-19-2010, 04:32 AM

I have to say that this is all really upseting. I know there is a way to get through it and help eachother but it just seems to so much more complicated :evil: This board is the main place for me and i do not like signing up everywhere just to get a free pattern or to see another site when I can come here for it all. I now need to decide if I even want to keep participating in the sew along. :roll: not trying to say that it won't be great because it will, I just have the feelingg that it will be so much harder for me to keep track of more e-mails and blogs. :cry: :cry: i wish this could have been sorted out much sooner.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:42 AM

I'm upset too, STAR. :( I hadn't checked in with the forum for a few days and return to find that we've been shut down. I am brand new to paper piecing and was solely getting by because we had help in the form of those tutorials. I have bought the book, the software and around 22 yards of fabric.............. Oh, and the special rulers, too.

I can't get my disappointment out in words here... I feel like the previous poster several pages back who wanted to run around in circles screaming.

Unfortunately for us, the woman of the That Quilt blog has not dome all of the blocks, and she's on her own schedule and not ours/Klue's. She is also not nearly as descriptive and helpful as Klue is. :(

I've also never appliqued or done anything with round and tear drop shapes... I have no idea how I will manage those without help.

I don't feel as though I can complete the quilt on my own, especially since we are only on Week 3... the entire project looms ahead!! I almost wish I could return my darn book and software and rulers.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:45 AM

WE ARE NOT SHUT DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Again, I still think we can do tutes, they will just have to be done without showing the patterns...RIGHT PATRICE/ADMIN?????? We can use tutes to explain different techniques...and there's nothing to say we can't say the order we attached things. It's just the photos of the patterns and sending out patterns that is a problem.

We will see this thru the best we can. Please don't panic or think this is doomsday!
Old 01-19-2010, 06:54 AM

If anyone want help with pointed shapes, i.e., leaf or circles I am will to help

Elle