Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 15 "Rosebud" 3 month group >

Boom 15 "Rosebud" 3 month group

Boom 15 "Rosebud" 3 month group

Old 11-03-2015, 06:48 PM

Oh Beeeee - make yourself a large hot toddy (or two or three) and get yourself some sleep. DH can make you a pitcher of daiquiri's which will also help you feel better!! (at least it made us all feel better)
Old 11-04-2015, 07:07 AM

Bee hope you feel better quickly. Every year I debate on getting the flu shot and every year I end up getting it. Nothing is as easy as it use to be and the thought of a shot helping I end up opting for it.
Old 11-04-2015, 09:38 AM

Hope you get to feeling better Bee.

I too always get the flu shot, being around elderly and sick people in and out of NH like I am and w/ asthma, I think for me the benefits out weigh the risks.
Old 11-04-2015, 04:07 PM

Oh, Bee-feeling bad is no fun. I hope you feel better very soon. The hot toddies sound like a good idea to me. I don't do the flu shots. I had one years ago and almost died from it. That's the only time I've had the flu. I try to just stay away from coughing if I know it ahead of time. I'm a firm believer in hand washing and in gargling twice daily with Listerine. If someone has the flu, I'll get you some homemade chicken soup and plenty to drink and then I'll run like a scalded dog! Feel better!
Old 11-04-2015, 04:38 PM

Oh drama drama, having three daughters you would think I would be use to it by now. Second dd and I are flying to see granddaughter in college there. Oldest dd finds out about it and invited herself to meet us there but couldn't confirm till a week b4 leaving. She will be joingb us and now dd# 3 is upset she wasn't asked. Oh joy. So glad my son is the most mellow person in the world.
Old 11-08-2015, 08:56 AM

We are in Witchita for granddaughters bday, toured her campus and watched the volleyball team compete for second place in their conference. Serena has a volleyball scholarship but not playing because of injury. Games were exciting but way to nerve wracking and they ended up in third. She cried when she saw me.
Old 11-09-2015, 07:24 AM

Hello ladies,

Sorry to hear few of you are not feeling well. I hope this finds you all in better health. Libster adorable little dresses, how awesome of you to make them. TG are you all settled into your winter home have you started on any quilting? Terri I'm sorry to laugh but your girl related family drama amused me seems like no matter what we do someone feels slighted on our time. Janice I got my fingers crossed for you it would be nice to have one thing done.

Things are mostly quiet here I have done absolutely nothing in my sewing room since I finished the last of my boom blocks I'm trying to get out of my funk I need to start by getting in there and cleaning up we'll see how things go from there. I recently found out I'm going to be a great aunt again another girl. I'm getting a little excited about her quilt so I'm working on ideas for her. I also have a Nephew getting married in May I will make a guilt for but at this point I'm drawing a blank so we'll see how that goes.

Thanksgiving is coming too soon for me but you all have a great one.
Old 11-09-2015, 01:54 PM

All settled in and have been using the quilting room. They have a Viking Husqvarna but needs to be checked out - just got the okay from the park to pay for it. So been using my machine and their cutting tables, ironing board, etc.
Making a few more blocks using the striped fabric and then will put them together. Hopefully by next week.
Have to fly to Chicago this weekend for our nephews wedding. Will be good to see the family and celebrate! Fortunately the wedding and reception and all the meet-ups are at the hotel we are staying at so I won't have to freeze too much
Bee - are you feeling aok??
Old 11-11-2015, 07:55 PM

TG have fun at the wedding. Been unseasonably warm here in Midwest hopefully it will be warm there this weekend
Old 11-12-2015, 04:30 PM

Thank you -
Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
TG have fun at the wedding. Been unseasonably warm here in Midwest hopefully it will be warm there this weekend