Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
For giggles, continued, I saw it on... >

For giggles, continued, I saw it on...

For giggles, continued, I saw it on...

Old 11-14-2015, 08:52 PM

Tammi, I hope you get the table! That's a really good buy! I'd love to have one like it, but I can't drive to Minnesota -- I'm still recovering from pneumonia, with some complications, so even if I could otherwise drive, I cannot now! So, I sure hope you get it!

Jeanette
Old 11-15-2015, 10:41 AM

I'm sorry Tammi, I just got an e-mail saying it is already gone. If there ever is a next time I won't hesitate. I was looking forward to meeting you, as well!
Old 11-15-2015, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by msleepingbeauty00 View Post
I'm sorry Tammi, I just got an e-mail saying it is already gone. If there ever is a next time I won't hesitate. I was looking forward to meeting you, as well!
BooHoo - Ah shucks I was hoping you would be able to get it for Tammi - I think that would have been really great.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Old 11-15-2015, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by msleepingbeauty00 View Post
It's alright! I really appreciate you trying! I sort of expected it to be gone in minutes, so I was surprised that the ad was there as long as it was. Once we can travel easier, I really want to make a trip south and meet tons of you all!
Old 11-15-2015, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Jeanette Frantz View Post
Tammi, I hope you get the table! That's a really good buy! I'd love to have one like it, but I can't drive to Minnesota -- I'm still recovering from pneumonia, with some complications, so even if I could otherwise drive, I cannot now! So, I sure hope you get it!

Jeanette
Oh! that's awful! Definitely a drive into the colder states would not do you any good right now. For us, it's still unseasonably warm, so I was willing to do the trip but it would have been risky. I think as a consolation prize, I will order these plans: http://www.bnddesign.net/

ETA: Heck, for what I would have paid for gas, I could order the kit.
Old 11-15-2015, 12:39 PM

Sorry you missed it.

I'm looking at Shopgoodwill right now. A couple of things of interest and I'm just on the first page. First a Centennial 201 with controller but no case is up to $96. Second is a celery Featherweight with 25 bids that's currently $500. It's the highest I've seen so far for a featherweight. I don't know if these are flukes or if machine prices might be starting to go up a bit.
Rodney
Old 11-15-2015, 01:28 PM

I'm noticing a bit of an upward trend here too. I don't know if it's the economy being bad so there's more demand than there was (more people mending and learning to make what they'd usually buy?) or if eBay and other "research sources" have finally started driving the prices up.

I did sell my last "Extra" - a 411G - for $125 last week... normally I struggle to get $100 for them. I priced this one high to try to attract a certain type of person and got them.
Old 11-15-2015, 01:33 PM

That featherweight is nuts. They aren't going for that much on eBay. Ok, maybe some of them... but really. That's the GW I dealt with that packed horribly.
Old 11-15-2015, 02:23 PM

I was wondering if there was a trend. Looks like there might be-at least for machines known outside of vintage circles.
Featherweights and 201s are pretty famous among people who sew.
People recognizing these older machines still have purpose and value outside of being decorations isn't a bad thing even if prices go up for us.
Rodney
Old 11-15-2015, 02:48 PM

Well, in my case, it can only help. I'm pretty much finished collection - other than the truly hard to find machines and cabinets - and when I decide to purge one, at least I'm typically not out of pocket anymore. I'm truly thrilled with the ones I have and the rest are just opportunity machines.