Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
November Mug Rug Swap -- Christmas or Winter >

November Mug Rug Swap -- Christmas or Winter

November Mug Rug Swap -- Christmas or Winter

Old 11-16-2015, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by Leesewzany View Post
Cuppy received her package from me and asked that I post a picture here. Every time I try to be more traditional, someone says, "it's so modern!" I guess I just can't escape it. I hand embroidered the center penguin panel from Blend fabrics. I forget the name of the line, but it was so adorable. My husband couldn't believe I spent all that time on a gift for a stranger. Ha! You guys understand! Cuppy, please forgive the binding, it is my Achilles heel. [ATTACH=CONFIG]535821[/ATTACH]
I think it is lovely! It is easy to see that you really put your heart into it. Binding is my downfall as well.....we'll get there.....eventually! What a wonderful mug rug!

My husband always oooooooh's and awwwwwww's and then says, "and you are going to send this off to a perfect stranger?" To which I always reply, "they aren't stranger's to me.....they are my Quilting Board family". He just likes to tease me. He does understand.
Old 11-16-2015, 10:06 AM

Adorable!!
Old 11-16-2015, 02:15 PM
Power Poster

Leesewzany, that's a great mug rug! Love all of your hand embroidery... and the gray background fabric. The quilting is perfect too. Cute as a button.
Old 11-16-2015, 02:50 PM

Carolinepaj
Your mug rug is on its way over the big pond to you. I had fun making it for you.
Old 11-16-2015, 02:59 PM

Leesewzany -- that's a beautiful mug rug you made. Love that penguin, & the fabric is wonderful! My husband loves to tease, too, but he knows I get such joy from sending out my work to my swap buddies. Your husband will figure that out, too!
Old 11-17-2015, 07:56 AM

Has anyone heard from Dotcomdtcm-Dotty? She's my swap buddy. Sent her package out last week, was supposed to get there last Fri. She hasn't answered a PM and the post office says the tracking # isn't available.
Old 11-17-2015, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by regm View Post
Has anyone heard from Dotcomdtcm-Dotty? She's my swap buddy. Sent her package out last week, was supposed to get there last Fri. She hasn't answered a PM and the post office says the tracking # isn't available.
Oh Reggie! That is so frustrating when the tracking number isn't available or showing if it is delivered! Hopefully, Dotty is just fine and will check in soon! I know Nov. and Dec. are hectic months for me, maybe she is super busy!
Old 11-17-2015, 08:17 AM

My mug rug swap went out yesterday to Kariboo in the beautiful land of British Columbia!
Old 11-17-2015, 09:37 AM

Becky your mug rug will be in the mail tomorrow, it has been finished but life just went into super busy mode for me. It was a fun filled two weeks but extremely tiring, glad to have my routine back.
Old 11-17-2015, 01:26 PM

Ladies, I need to make a quick explanation of what's going on here so you will understand my absence of the board for awhile. I came home as soon as I could get here as my Father was admitted to the hospital very ill. He passed away yesterday so right now my life is making arrangements and finalizing details. I hope you all understand.
I did mail my mug rugs to RobinLee yesterday and received this beautiful work of art from her today. Thank you again Robin for making me smile today.[ATTACH=CONFIG]535935[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]535936[/ATTACH]Truly a beauty and thank you for the extra's too.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	018.JPG
Views:	122
Size:	123.4 KB
ID:	535935   Click image for larger version

Name:	019.JPG
Views:	127
Size:	132.0 KB
ID:	535936