Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 12-02-2015, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by soblessed View Post
Trying to upgrade my machine. I am debating on the Janome 15000 or the Viking Designer Diamond Royale. Any thoughts or help please.
I so love my Diamond deluxe, I had the ruby before and loved it. Love the big hoops and how easy the machine is to use. Neither one of my Vikings have been picky on thread like so many complain about. Some times I may have to take the thread and put it on the table top behind the machine or something but it all works.

If I were too look at anything else it would be a babylock or brother. Love the scan and digitize features on the new machines. In my area I also love the support that I get from Tidewater sew n vac. My local viking dealer, which I had no problems driving almost an hour for classes to learn has turned out to be lots of promises but no follow thru. In about 6 yrs and two machines and tons of money on supplies and classes and retreats they still haven't followed thru with promises. The promises to make sure there would be classes that I could go to on my days off which are Thur thru Frid and then then I also bought the 5D Pro software and was promised again but in 6 yrs and me bugging them and them giving me false promises I quit going to their store for anything. I'd rather drive a couple of hours to Richmond to get things for my machine that deal with them. I bought my serger from Tidewater sew n vac and have had constant support and classes offered thru out the area on different days thru out the month.

the reason I bring up the store is you really need to have good support, which I thought I had but learned the hardway I didn't. Good luck on final decision and if you havent' checked them out and compared what all they do and the hoop sizes and features then do so before buying one.
Old 12-02-2015, 10:13 AM

I totally agree even if you have sewn before every machine is different and you need guidiance
Old 12-10-2015, 05:23 AM

...new to this, although I have had the machine for 3yrs...it's not a super duper combo, as I'm more interested in piecing, quilting....BL ellure plus is its name. Did the intro to class about six months ago..nothing since...had to take machine to dealer because of a bobbin prob and got talked onto taking an upcoming three session project.....weak moment, said ok......went to first class tues......three of us there.....they knew what they were doing and their machines were TOL....anyway with help of instructor, I began......survived the 3+hr session....came home! unpacked and now wonder if I want to continue. The project I bought is a DVD of a scene with horse drawn buggy exiting a covered bridge....done in blocks(24) sashed and bordered. My daughter says I MUST finish..due to cost of DVD $65.00... Problem now is getting threads I need to finish at a better price than dealer...hopefully...madiera....I have a stash from my previous attempt with a Viking.....never did much with that....so anyway...I need a boost, as this is more intimidating with this thumb drive thing! Thanks for "listening"
Old 12-10-2015, 05:50 AM

Anybody have a Brother PE-770 that have upgraded their computer to Windows 10? I'm having trouble with my machine not reading the designs after I download them to a thumb drive. I didn't have the problem when I was running Windows 8.1. I've tried about six different thumb drives and it will read the designs already loaded but not the new ones. Anyone have any suggestions? I emailed Brother support but haven't heard back from them. I'm trying to finish some things for Christmas.
Old 12-10-2015, 12:33 PM
Banned

Geri B, The best price I've found for Madeira thread and other embroidery supplies is http://www.allstitch.net/ I buy almost all of my embroidery supplies from them.
Their thread is about half the price of the small spools dealers sell and it's almost 3 times as much thread on the mini cones. I do suggest getting a thread stand to put behind your machine as these Madeira cones will feed better than on the machine. Shipping can be high from AllStitch so my BFF and I go in together to make the order big enough to get free shipping.
Yes please do finish your project and post pics!

Cari
Old 12-10-2015, 05:06 PM

Thank yoy Weezy rider.....I will sure try to do it the way you did describe....I never got any classes so all my knowledge is from the nuce people in here and some videos on you tube......I really appreciate your help... ( by the way I have the two small hoops and there is some plastic templet that comes with them with the hole ....LOL
Hello again..... I did it, and it works...!!! Thanks a lot!!!!
Old 12-10-2015, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by MaggieLou View Post
Anybody have a Brother PE-770 that have upgraded their computer to Windows 10? I'm having trouble with my machine not reading the designs after I download them to a thumb drive. I didn't have the problem when I was running Windows 8.1. I've tried about six different thumb drives and it will read the designs already loaded but not the new ones. Anyone have any suggestions? I emailed Brother support but haven't heard back from them. I'm trying to finish some things for Christmas.
Back when I updated from ?? to Vista,(years ago!) I had the same problem, and the solution was to find the setting to "run this program in an earlier version of windows". For you, it would be 8.1... I have no idea where to find it on windows 10..maybe somebody else can chime in on that. Seems the problem is that the drivers haven't been updated to run with Windows 10 yet..they all seem to lag behind the new operating systems.
Old 12-10-2015, 06:58 PM

I have that Brother machine, and I have recently upgraded computer to Windows 10 with no problem saving designs on thumb drive and then bringing up on machine. I do use Embird as my embroidery software.
Old 01-05-2016, 06:15 AM

Hello I have a 5 spool thread stand that fits Janome MC 9500 9000 300E 350E JA420 machines. I no longer use it and was wondering if I should sell. What are your thoughts on spool stands? I usually do not use one and just thread the machine with each color lined up. Fairly new to embroidery and recently was gifted a MC9000. Thank you for any suggestions.

Last edited by girlygirlforme; 01-05-2016 at 06:17 AM.
Old 01-05-2016, 02:48 PM

I have a Brother Innovis 1E but have only made embroidered tote bags, bookmarks and Christmas tree decorations so far. Soon I will have to work up to doing a quilt!