Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Pea Pod, becca and bendy bags -- Lazy girl designs >

Pea Pod, becca and bendy bags -- Lazy girl designs

Pea Pod, becca and bendy bags -- Lazy girl designs

Old 12-26-2015, 06:53 AM

Cute bags!!! I've figured out how to make the Bendy,still working on the Peapod!!!
Old 12-26-2015, 07:48 AM
Power Poster

There's a store called Zipperstop.com that may have them. They sell in bulk. If you don't see it on their website, you can always call them. You could also order a quantity of short zippers from them and not have to cut.
Old 12-26-2015, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by RST View Post
Anyone else gotten hooked on making these adorable little bags? I've had the pattern a couple of weeks but hadn't had time to sit down and make them-- now I can't stop. They're so fast and easy to make, plus they end up darn cute for those "little something" Christmas gifts.

My only whiny complaint is that I'm going through zippers at a ridiculous rate-- and I hadn't ordered any extra pulls for doing the mono-track zippers, not having fully understood the concept, so I've got a whole bunch of the half zips sitting there and mocking me until I find a good source for pulls.

Do tell if you know where to find coat and clark pulls at a reasonable price!
I found the package of Atkinson pulls fit well with the coats and Clark and zippers I bought from Vogue.com. I made 22 Suzys sacks this year. It was a great way to use up my excess fat quarters.
Old 12-26-2015, 11:05 AM

I have discovered that you can buy bundles of multicolored zippers, in size groups on Amazon for next to nothing, so that is what I buy for making bags. Lots of colors so I can always find a matching or contrasting zipper for each project. I usually order 7", 12", and 18" sizes and trim to fit.
Old 12-26-2015, 01:19 PM

You could also check out Zipit listed on Esty. They do sell in bulk but it is reasonably sized and priced.
Old 12-26-2015, 01:24 PM
RST

A key piece of information on these bags is that you end up using only one of the "tracks" of the zipper per bag. So buying a shorter zipper is not the issue -- it's having enough pulls. So with 2 10 inch squares and 1 zipper, you end up with 2 bags-- but you need an additional zipper pull.

It's far more fun to mix and match colors so that the zipper and pull are additional design elements for the bag, but I did find I had a length of beige "zipper by the yard" with a bunch of pulls that are working with my coats and clark zipper-- but they don't work with the YKKs.

Who knew that basic zipper could be so finicky?

And amusing moment -- my sister and I ended up exchanging peapod bags for Christmas in addition to wearing the same shirt (from Costco). At least with the bags we showed individuality in fabric choices.
Old 12-26-2015, 04:20 PM

My sister and I might show up wearing the same thing too but I'm safe when it comes to sewing because she doesn't sew.

I didn't give you enough info on Zipit. Here's a bit more, You can buy a pkg of 25 multi colored pulls for 7.00 and an assortment of zippers for different prices. 10 22'' zippers, multi-colored, for 8.50. I put 22'' zippers in their search box. https://www.etsy.com/shop/zipit Hope this is helpful. Such cute bags!
Old 12-26-2015, 04:28 PM
Power Poster

great little bags, can you show us yours!?
Old 12-26-2015, 04:33 PM
RST

I've given away 16 of them, without taking photos! Usually I remember to photo-document, but this year I was not terribly organized in my crafting. I'll make a few more batches and show them off. The pea pods are my new favorites-- perfect size for so many things-- dog treats, change, ear buds, phone charger, sewing supplies -- really versatile.

I've checked out the sites suggested, so thank you all for your input.
Old 12-27-2015, 03:12 PM

Would love to see your bags.