December Mug Rug Swap

Old 12-27-2015, 10:52 AM
Power Poster

Lizzie love the color of you cats coat. He's like honey and cream.
Old 12-27-2015, 01:06 PM

I'm so pleased you like it, the green theme made it easier to chose the few extras. We too have a large cat, the vet thinks he's part Maine Coon. He's very heavy but the vet say's as long as we can feel his ribs through his thick coat he is ok.
Old 12-27-2015, 06:06 PM

I just checked Arthur's ribs & I can feel them. Thanks for the tip, Josie. Most people think Arthur is Maine Coon, but he's got bobcat markings on his belly, though I'm told he's a cross between the two. We had his twin brother, too, & Merlin weighed 5 lbs less ... a real lightweight!
Old 12-28-2015, 04:36 AM

I am going to have to check Haus's ribs when I get home, but I always thought that since he really is built kind of square with really broad "shoulders" that he is just a normally big cat.

Thanks, Lynnie, I love his colors too. He is my baby!
Old 12-28-2015, 05:04 AM

Don't forget to sign up for the January Mug Rug Swap -- the theme is "Be My Valentine."
Old 12-28-2015, 06:22 PM

Ctyankee, your package is suppost to be at your house by Wednesday! Sorry it's so late!
Old 12-28-2015, 06:23 PM

Woohoo! Something to look forward to!
Old 12-29-2015, 12:39 AM

Tracking for Robinlee is for New Years Eve! I received mine Saturday, and just love it. Beach theme. That is where we go on weekends! Company is visiting, a few more days. They love those park tickets. I will pass on mug rugs swap for this upcoming year! Going to Ski resort for 7 days 2cd week in January. Sea level to Pikes Peak in one day , then to Brekenridge Ski resort . Dog Sledding for me. maybe need a oxygen canister. I am going to the Florida International quilt show in Orlando Jan 7 and 8 taking classes also. Going to AQS show in Daytona in February, also taking classes. Quilt show in Venice Fl also. I have a NY City trip and a international trip planned for spring and summer. Will be shopping at all those quilt shows. I will opt on many swaps this year. Overflowing with mug rugs, miniatures, needle cases, pin cushions, fabric, and other stuff. Letting family and friends shop from swaps I received, ok I been doing it all year. I enjoyed it, now they are. Will still be on thread, checking out what is being sent and received. Love all the quilting and sewing that everyone does. Happy New Years to all!
Old 12-29-2015, 02:41 AM

Today, there was the first day with postal service after the Christmas break here - and the mailman brought me my swap package from CarolinePaj!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]538983[/ATTACH]

I love the greens on that mug rug! It's already in use as I'm writing, sitting next to me with a cup of coffee on it!

There were also some other lovely goodies, cute buttons, some lace, a FQ of nice Christmas fabric, some drinks - and a measuring tape. I have a very similar one, but when I pulled this one out, I discovered a feature that will come in very handy: There are centimetres on one side of the tape and inches on the other! Mine is centimetres only (because that's what we use here exclusively), but for quilting I've learned to use inches (because that's what almost all tutorials and patterns and most of you guys use). So far, I would use my quilting ruler for measuring up to 12", but for anything bigger I would measure in cm and then use a webpage to convert. So this little gadget will come in handy as I now can measure up to 60"!

Caroline, thank you so much for your parcel!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	thumb_DSC01508_1024.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	275.2 KB
ID:	538983  
Old 12-29-2015, 08:51 AM
Power Poster

Oooh, I love all those beautiful greens in Caroline's mug rug. My favorite color too!