Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Modern Quilt Pattern >

Modern Quilt Pattern

Modern Quilt Pattern

Old 07-26-2014, 11:48 AM

What about that new Jenny Doan quilt tutorial - she just made it last couple of days - any of her tutorials would work by changing the fabric and they are easy
Old 07-26-2014, 12:40 PM

I also did a Qr code for my grandson for his high school graduation this year. Instead of piecing a large Qr code that I had seen on this board. I did 9 Qr codes enlarged them to 8 inches square and printed them on fabric then framed each code and assembled the quilt. DGS was very surprised his grandmother knew about the QR code and he had 9 secret messages form his Grandmother!!! It had the WOW factor when he opened it!!!
Old 07-26-2014, 12:43 PM
Power Poster

Just ask his parents or close relative what his interests and favorite colors are
Old 07-26-2014, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Maggie_Sue View Post
I also did a Qr code for my grandson for his high school graduation this year. Instead of piecing a large Qr code that I had seen on this board. I did 9 Qr codes enlarged them to 8 inches square and printed them on fabric then framed each code and assembled the quilt. DGS was very surprised his grandmother knew about the QR code and he had 9 secret messages form his Grandmother!!! It had the WOW factor when he opened it!!!
What a good idea. I must keep this in mind, I have another grandson graduating next year.
Old 07-26-2014, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Is there a pattern for a QR Code quilt, I'd love to make a baking out of it for my computer geek son. Thanks for any help you can give me Kathy.
Jeri
There is a website to generate QRcodes. You can just put a message in or link it to a website. I just put his name, the name of his college and class of 2018.
I think generating one for your quilt label. I'm thinking I will generate one and then print it out on fabric.
Old 07-26-2014, 01:30 PM

Our church quilt group makes quilts for high school seniors and for babies getting baptized. We try to make the senior quilts in patterns and prints that they will like. They get to tell us their two favorite colors and that is what we mainly use for their quilt. This spring we made 15 quilts using the "Come Fly With Me" pattern. They turned out so good and the kids really really liked them! You might check out that pattern. It was easy.
Old 07-27-2014, 08:29 AM

I love this one..it looks masculine ! ! Basic Earth Tones looks wonderful- you could add Dark Green, Rust, navy Blue but no pastels.. could use a few dark plaids as accents from Marta's Quilt above the Quilt made for Son in College...

Last edited by Jean in Ohio13452; 07-27-2014 at 08:32 AM.
Old 07-27-2014, 10:31 AM

I also have a grandson graduating from high school next year and am planning on making him a T-Shirt quilt.
He has played baseball since he was 3 and is on his HS team plus football. Lots of t-shirts
Old 07-27-2014, 04:58 PM

I made this for our older daughter. She doesn's like anything traditional - no triangles, no stars... Wanted brown and aqua. Fabrics were varying saturations of those colors - light brown to dark chocolate and aqua to dark teal. A few fabrics have both colors in them. I used several fat quarters, and a few small cuts. Blocks finish @ 14," an odd size, but I wasn't working with a pattern and just started cutting and sewing strips and rectangles.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Katherine.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	485274   Click image for larger version

Name:	Katherine1.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	485275  
Old 01-07-2016, 10:27 AM

beautiful quilt.. you did a wonderful job. she will love it...