Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • 2015/16 birthday swap...candy style 2.5" >
  • 2015/16 birthday swap...candy style 2.5"

• 2015/16 birthday swap...candy style 2.5"

Old 01-05-2016, 06:30 PM

Dinah Shore!! in her convertible Chevrolet! Yes, I remember. That was about the only time I wanted to be blond, well then there was Marilyn but who could be her?
    Old 01-06-2016, 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
    Moonrise, that sounds like a great trip. Seeing the USA.... (in a Chevrolet..... anyone remember that commercial from way back when?) I would love to know what you sell at craft fairs. I've found it very hard to sell even nicely made things at craft fairs, so would love to know your success secrets! Do tell....
    My biggest sellers are purses for little girls, crayon rolls (which I hate making! LOL!), and inexpensive handmade jewelry. Baby/toddler quilts made from pre-printed panels sell fairly well, too, especially if you have popular characters available (Frozen's Elsa, Anna, and Olaf, Minions, etc.). Unfortunately, with quilts, many people just see the price, so more labor-intensive and/or larger quilts are slower to sell, at least in this area. If you can accept credit cards, it's a big plus. I have a PayPal app on my cell phone where I can accept them.
    Old 01-06-2016, 11:06 AM

I have been approved to join the next birthday swap. Are we allowed to include batiks in our packages?
    Old 01-06-2016, 05:09 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by moonrise
    My biggest sellers are purses for little girls, crayon rolls (which I hate making! LOL!), and inexpensive handmade jewelry. Baby/toddler quilts made from pre-printed panels sell fairly well, too, especially if you have popular characters available (Frozen's Elsa, Anna, and Olaf, Minions, etc.). Unfortunately, with quilts, many people just see the price, so more labor-intensive and/or larger quilts are slower to sell, at least in this area. If you can accept credit cards, it's a big plus. I have a PayPal app on my cell phone where I can accept them.
    That's interesting, Moonrise. I'm trying to think of something to sell in Spring and Summer besides quilts. I usually just do the Fall/Christmas craft fairs with my quilts. Crayon rolls are very popular.... I was also thinking of trying some tote bags.

Immana... batiks, yes please!
    Old 01-07-2016, 07:29 PM

I would like to do this swap again next year!
    Old 01-07-2016, 09:14 PM

It was such a fun year, but I think I'll have to say no to next year. Getting harder and harder for me to keep,up with everything else going on here! You ladies have been lovely! And Barbara - you are an excellent hostess!
    Old 01-08-2016, 12:45 AM

Still waiting on two from my December birthday. Hope those two are alright!
    The new year started off great - hubby took a little vacation & we spent some precious time just the two of us; learned how to machine piece a flower from Grandmother's Flower Garden & cut 70 hexie flower sets; straightened up my work room; & finally the nagging cough is gone, yeah! Hope all of you have a great start, too.
    hugs,
    ddj
    Old 01-08-2016, 11:06 AM

Hi everyone.....this year was my first year on the swap and it was truly fun. I'm going to skip this year and try to get some of my UFO's finished (including the wonderful candies from this year). I'll keep in touch and will be all set for next year!

Barb, I'm monitoring the threads and keeping up with the "list". I'll send the 2 spreadsheets to you on Jan 31 (the one you use and the one others use) and you can add new ones, etc.

For those of you who are participating in 2016....get ready for some F-U-N ! ! !
    Old 01-08-2016, 07:13 PM
    Power Poster

I wish we would all post and chat this much all year long!
    Old 01-09-2016, 04:18 PM

Received from TPr9258 today, Thank You!!! So glad you are feeling well enough that they let you go home! Please take real good care of yourself!
    hugs,
    dj