Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
January Secret Pal Swap Closes December 31st 4:00 pm CST >

January Secret Pal Swap Closes December 31st 4:00 pm CST

January Secret Pal Swap Closes December 31st 4:00 pm CST

Old 01-10-2016, 12:02 PM

Yes I too forward something that some one sent me that I know I will never use. Like belfrybat if I remember who sent it to me then I give them the credit
Old 01-11-2016, 09:54 AM

And it's off. I've sent to this area before, although not to this person. For some reasons parcels take forever to get there, so you'll need to be patient

Krystyna - no - the floods haven't unearthed any fossils that I know of. There's been a lot of flooding in England too though Flood warnings are still in place.
Old 01-11-2016, 10:31 AM

Just put my prepaid box in my mailbox for pickup. Going north, Clue? Going to a place that sort of reminds me of Vin Diesel, the wrestler turned actor.
Old 01-11-2016, 11:55 AM

I too am doing good on getting my box organized. I have one other thing I would like to make and then my SP box can begin making its journey to a place a lot warmer than MN.
Old 01-11-2016, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by BrendaK View Post
I have a question for all of you. Do you ever send a gift that someone sent you and you can't use? I received a lovely gift in a different swap but I can't use it. I hate to just have it stored away when someone else might be able to use it. I don't want to take credit for this homemade gift and I am not sure what to do. BrendaK
I have also done this. If I know that cannot use something I make sure to write the name of the person I received it from so it stays with the item so I can give credit where credit is due. Then when I feel it would be a good fit for someone I re-gift it. Also, books, magazines, and patterns get swapped back and forth all the time. In this case I do not mention the original giver as some time has usually passed, and I honestly do not remember who it originally came from.
Old 01-11-2016, 02:18 PM

My SP package is winging its way NE by three states (I think its three). It is going to someone who likes dogs, has the same brand sewing machine I do, and has an eclectic taste in fabrics. It should arrive on Thursday.
Old 01-11-2016, 04:18 PM

My package is on its way and it has a long way to go!
Old 01-12-2016, 05:39 AM

Just checking in. I have just a couple of things to finish and my package should be on it's way tomorrow. It hasn't helped that I hurt my back just after new years. I started sewing again day before yesterday. My back will only allow me to sew for about 30 minutes then I have to stop and get in a different position. It has taken me 3 days to complete a block for another swap. Hope you all have a happy day and keep warm!
Old 01-12-2016, 07:23 AM

Sunrise - sorry to hear of your back troubles. Go easy so you don't continue to injure it. (Speaking from experience here).
Old 01-12-2016, 08:24 AM

Sunrise, hope your back feels better soon and take it easy.

I was so excited that I would probably be mailing early, but as usual it will go out on the day. I just found out that I need to make an emergency 24 hour trip to NE and will be heading out directly from work instead of driving the 1+ hour home first. Because I live in MN and a distance from my work I keep a bag packed during the winter in my car so if the road conditions are bad I can stay at one of the hotels in the area, my work gets huge discounts at a couple of them in the area, and not spend 3+ hours on the road with all the other winter drivers and slow traffic.

However, SP do not fear, your package will be mailed by the deadline.