Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
Posting Pictures with IPhone >

Posting Pictures with IPhone

Posting Pictures with IPhone

Old 01-12-2016, 03:57 PM

Both look good. Use the method that you are most comfortable with, I'd say and have fun.
Old 01-14-2016, 10:06 PM

I learned from a friend to do these steps.
1. Take a picture with my Iphone.
2. open "photos" app on the phone
3. Open the cameral roll.
4. Click select at the top right of the screen and click the picture you want to use.
5. now click "add to" at the bottom of the screen and move the picture to a album that you see when you click add to.
6. plug your phone into your computer and find your phone under the file exploder.
7. Click on the folder that says its your phone.
8. search in that folder using a *. my search field is in the top right corner of that screen.
9. Find the picture you want to put on here and move the picture to the pictures folder on the computer.
10. thats all. Now you can upload your picture on here by finding it in your pictures folder
Old 01-15-2016, 03:16 AM

Originally Posted by JNCT14 View Post
I can't find a direct way to attach the photo from my phone either. The forum software can't seem to find attachments that are on phone galleries. I take the picture and send it to my email, then wait till I can get to my computer to upload. If anyone knows a better way, I'd like to know how....
open up QB on your devices and upload from there. I do it from my Iphone and Ipad. Too many steps otherwise. 10? If the photo is too large to post, i resize it using Simple Resizer APP.
Sandy

Last edited by Sandygirl; 01-15-2016 at 03:20 AM.
Old 01-15-2016, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by Sandygirl View Post
open up QB on your devices and upload from there. I do it from my Iphone and Ipad. Too many steps otherwise. 10? If the photo is too large to post, i resize it using Simple Resizer APP.
Sandy
Thank you for this. I don't have qb on my phone. I guess i need to do that now.
Old 01-15-2016, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by FabStripper View Post
Thank you for this. I don't have qb on my phone. I guess i need to do that now.

You go to Safari or wherever your internet is on the device. Log in to QB just like you do on a PC.
sandy
Old 01-17-2016, 01:38 PM

I just posted a picture directly from my iPhone without using a computer. This worked on an iPhone 6s, so I cannot vouch for other versions. Here is how:

You must be in the "full" version of quiltingboard, not the mobile version.
Open a new thread (I don't know how to make this work in 'Replies')Scroll lower on the page
Under "Additional options", tap "manage attachments"
A new page will open. Under "Upload files from your computer," tap "choose file"
A box will pop up offering three options. Tap "photo library"
Select the album where your picture is located
Tap the picture you want to upload
Your phone should now say "1 photo" next to the "choose file"--look to the right and tap "Upload"
Wait for the file to upload. It may take a moment or two, depending on your server speed. The screen may say "Uploading File(s)- Please Wait"--you really need to wait. If "Upload of file failed" appears, your server may have timed out. You should have te rotating "wait" thingy while it is loading.
If successful, the screen should now have under "Current attachments" something like "image.jpeg" in blue letters
do a light down scroll with your finger
Tap on the far right icon-- it looks like two overlapping sheets of paper
A bunch of overlapping windows appear--Tap on the window where you were posting your new thread
Type out your post! . You will notice at the bottom of te screen in that "Manage Attachments" box, the file name of your picture appears.
Finish posting as normal.
This sounds like a lot, but can be done in under two minutes, not counting one-finger typing.