Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Has your stash grown? >

Has your stash grown?

Has your stash grown?

Old 02-23-2016, 03:28 PM

M Cubed, I find myself doing the same thing, This year I am trying to stay out of the stores. I am going to buy myself an embroidery machine. I am looking at the Babylock Sophia 2. I am almost ready to go and get it.
Old 02-23-2016, 07:50 PM

I did really well for about 2 years -- didn't purchase much and then only to finish a project. But since January my stash has grown by 40 yards of fabric -- I purchased a lot of Star Wars fabric to make 7 Star Wars quilts for next Christmas -- I have 3 completely done and 4 more to go -- I'm sure I will have leftover fabric from that purchase. I also purchased a bunch of sale fabric to use for a class I'm taking -- it was just as cheap to buy a yard at sale price as a fat quarter of regular price, so I ended up with a bunch of fabric again. I have no where to store any of it so it will stay on the ironing board until it is all used up!
Old 02-24-2016, 10:29 AM

I had committed to not enlarging my very large stash...... and then my Mom passed away... and her stash was larger than mine. So my stash is beyond calling it a stash.... its a fabric store without customers.
Old 02-24-2016, 10:39 AM

My stash actually has not grown. I've been sewing out of it for several years now and only buying go-withs and once a year at Quilt Fest, I might pick up a special collection. But it's still WAY too big
Old 02-24-2016, 12:25 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Lori S View Post
I had committed to not enlarging my very large stash...... and then my Mom passed away... and her stash was larger than mine. So my stash is beyond calling it a stash.... its a fabric store without customers.
This is what my kids think of my stash. My stash is fairly large - but not THAT large!
Old 02-24-2016, 02:04 PM

Nope. It has decreased in size. Except for one quilt, I have only bought material needed to complete a project in several years. I stopped buying when I realized how much money I had sitting in my closet in fabric.
Old 02-25-2016, 11:27 AM

Nammie to 7......I purchased Star Wars material too! I only have 3 to make. What pattern are you using? I haven't started mine yet and need some ideas! Nora
Old 02-26-2016, 10:53 PM

Had to downsize to move. A few bins worth of fabric went to my favorite sewing charity. Can't say I haven't bought anything new in 2016, but can claim it was only three fat eighths.
Old 03-01-2016, 08:09 PM

I have purchased some fabric this year, because I liked it. Trying the Robins egg Stonehenge and strips and tiles. I have a dear friend who would like a quilt, but doesn't want me to make one for her. I have decided that I will make her one. Need to get it cut and stacked so I can sew it with little room. I am anxiously waiting for spring to come so I can move my sewing trailer into place and get started cleaning and painting it. see my blog for pictures. Getting antsy. Still have plenty of work to do out in the country for my jobs. Hope I can cut back and get some sewing done. Been a dry spell for me sewing. I have quite a large stash, but only because I bought a lot at estate and auction sales. Also was in New York and shipped back a bunch from a garage sale that my son in law sent back for me.
Old 03-02-2016, 08:29 PM

My stash has grown a little this year, but it's also more organized. Also, I had gone a while not really adding much to it.