Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
March 2016 mug rug swap -- in honor of garden month >

March 2016 mug rug swap -- in honor of garden month

March 2016 mug rug swap -- in honor of garden month

Old 03-08-2016, 05:02 AM

As members concentrate on this month's swap, don't forget to check the additions to Feb.'s listing. I received the swap from SMR just yesterday because she was sick. She did a very nice job on the mug rug with some exceptional add on's , so please check it out.
Old 03-08-2016, 05:16 AM

regm, I'm glad SMR is feeling better. The mug rug you received is beautiful and the little pillow is so cute. Is that a pin cushion?
Old 03-08-2016, 07:07 AM

No, I don't believe it's a pin cushion, too large. But it is a lovely decoration.
Old 03-08-2016, 10:00 AM

Received a lovely package from Jaba, my swap partner. It came in yesterday's mail but I was busy in the late afternoon/evening, and then had to watch the Downton finale a second time on our other PBS station. Can't believe it's over!

I was knocked off my feet when I tore into the envelope and found two mugrugs with luscious strawberries appliqued on a blue background--in my favorite shade of blue. Both of them are beautiful and flawless. Thank you so much Jan! Now I can snack with a friend, or my husband. She also included a green tea bag (so calming!) and some candies, which I ate today in a moment of sewing room stress, I dropped a needle while I was burying some thread ends, and could not find it. I had to vacuum the rug so the kitties would not find it with their paws. I am finishing up yours Jan, and I will let you know when I mail out your package.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]544321[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010064.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	544321  
Old 03-08-2016, 10:50 AM

Argggg....I just got notification from the sewing machine repair shop. It's going to be two weeks before my machine will be fixed. He has to wait for approval from Brother, plus the "line" is already a week wait. I called my local fabric shop. She is going to let me borrow a machine for the weekend, but I can't pick it up until after 2 on Sat as she has classes during the week and Saturday morning. I guess I need to find a back up. I am already having sewing withdrawals lol. I do have cutting and pinning I could be doing. That should keep me going tonight and Thursday night.
Old 03-08-2016, 11:37 AM

Glad you like them Joanne, I seem to have an over abundance of them in the summer time.

Tracie sorry about your machine, maybe it's back up time Gives you an excuse anyway

Last edited by jaba; 03-08-2016 at 11:40 AM.
Old 03-08-2016, 12:01 PM
Power Poster

thoe strawberry mugrugs look delicious! nice work Jan.
Old 03-08-2016, 12:13 PM

Love the strawberries Jan. I just ate some of the Plant City strawberries today. The strawberry festival is going on until the 13th. Too bad you aren't here to enjoy. When will you be coming back down?
Old 03-08-2016, 02:28 PM

Jo -- your two strawberry mug rugs are adorable! I can almost smell the strawberries! Yum! And I love that blue background fabric! Is it more turquoise than blue? Kind of looks like it from here.
Old 03-08-2016, 05:11 PM

When I was a little girl, we went to see my grandma in Missouri every other summer. It was a long drive from NJ. She had a strawberry patch in her big garden. I loved those berries. They used to send me out to pick them, and watch me from the window laughing because I ate more than I brought into the house. Daddy packed some new shoots up one summer and put them in the car, we planted them when we got home, so I had my own little patch in NJ after that as well. So that's a memory I can enjoy when I use your mugrugs! I don't know if I should try to plant them here, we have deer wandering through the yard and they do nibble my landscape plants in the summer.