Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilters Dream Poly batting >

Quilters Dream Poly batting

Quilters Dream Poly batting

Old 03-16-2016, 02:15 PM

I have used the QD poly in two quilts and it worked well for me. It is dense and soft poly and quilted up nicely on my domestic sewing machine. It drapes well. It is not high loft, although they have one that is "poofier". I normally use QD cotton so can't compare with the other products you mentioned and I only pin baste so can't help you there. Hopefully, you go to their website for full info and ask for samples if you need to.
Old 03-16-2016, 02:51 PM

Thanks everyone for your replies. I might go ahead and try the Quilters Dream Poly black batting. I can get the Hobbs in black, but only in Queen or King. I only need a twin size and don't use black batting often, so I didn't want a lot of leftover.

Thanks also for the suggestions to ask for samples. I think I will do that.
Old 03-17-2016, 04:48 AM

I always use Dream Poly Select Batting and 505 spray. They work fantastic together with no slippage. Easy to work with and the drape of quilt is very nice. Highly recommend. My long arm quilter loves working the poly when I send a big quilt to her.
Old 03-18-2016, 03:14 AM

I'm getting tired of the 80/20 crinkled look, and LOVE the way Quilter's Dream Green looks after washing. It's also warmer than the 80/20. Don't know what look you're going for, and can't answer about spray basting.
Old 03-18-2016, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by RV Quilter View Post
I always use Dream Poly Select Batting and 505 spray. They work fantastic together with no slippage. Easy to work with and the drape of quilt is very nice. Highly recommend. My long arm quilter loves working the poly when I send a big quilt to her.
great info, thanks!
Old 03-18-2016, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by coopah View Post
I'm getting tired of the 80/20 crinkled look, and LOVE the way Quilter's Dream Green looks after washing. It's also warmer than the 80/20. Don't know what look you're going for, and can't answer about spray basting.
I wasn't looking for a particular look. I don't mind the crinkly look. I was just looking for a black batting, and there weren't too many options. I know I can get the Quilters Dream locally, but would have to order the Hobbs online.
Old 03-18-2016, 06:55 PM

I love the poly Dream Green. The fabric kinda sticks to it, but then I do quilt as you go so I am not sure if the full backing would stick. Smaller sections that I use stick pretty well without basting spray.
Old 03-28-2016, 09:17 AM

Quilter's Dream has pre-made batting samples that they give out quite freely. I get them by the case for shop hops and longarming samples. The black poly bat is, in my opinion, the best out there. But, I am partial to anything Quilter's Dream. Without talking bad about competing brands, I can say that I experience more consistency in the loft of the batting, density of the batting and sizes. There also isn't the pucker "row" of batting that I have experienced from one manufacturer in the larger bat sizes.
Old 03-28-2016, 09:35 AM

I have used Hobbs Poly Down many times with good results and it wears like iron, through many washings and dryings. It is my go to batting for quilts being used for my own personal use. That being said, Hobbs is a Chevy and Quilter's Dream is a Cadillac! Love how it looks and handles.
Old 03-28-2016, 09:47 AM

wonderful product. no problems in any of the areas you mentioned.