Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
March to June 2016 Wall Hanging Swap >

March to June 2016 Wall Hanging Swap

March to June 2016 Wall Hanging Swap

Old 03-29-2016, 06:11 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
Hmmm that might make a nice idea for this swap. Keep a list of everyone's favorite colors and favorite fabric types as in Batik / CW / Calico etc That would make a nice resource for everyone from swap to swap. I could post it as a PDF with all that info at the beginning of the swap each time. It would save some research time then you would only have to go research your receiver if you want to get a better feel of how she thinks. but you'd have the basics already covered.

What do you all think?
I have come back and read this several times. I am missing it. Aren't recipients selected after the wall hanging is completed?
Old 03-29-2016, 06:25 PM
Power Poster

I just meant it as a way to have an overall idea of what the group likes for colors. Not as partners or anything.
Old 03-29-2016, 08:14 PM
Power Poster

Ignore my post above LOL I wasn't thinking through this right. It was just an idea I thought might help generate some ideas. Never mind me! My brain goes south sometimes LOL
Old 03-29-2016, 09:16 PM
Power Poster

Ignore my post above LOL I wasn't thinking through this right. It was just an idea I thought might help generate some ideas. Never mind me! My brain goes south sometimes LOL
It sounds good though. I liked where it was going but I am not clear how to work it. Maybe it will still come.
Old 03-30-2016, 01:08 AM

Good idea but we cant tailor the piece to the swappers likes because we never know until the end when we get our names?
Old 03-30-2016, 01:10 AM

Anoka they are fun, and combine applique which I love to do.
Old 03-30-2016, 01:16 AM
Power Poster

that's why I said above ignore my post I hadn't thought it through well enough. open mouth insert foot! LOL

tho I was thinking you could have the list of likes and colors etc and then just use it more as a guide to choose from if you want to. No it won't be tailored for anyone person but it might spark some new ideas to have a list of colors etc.

I'll give it some more thought and see if it can be redefined to be useful or not.
Old 03-30-2016, 06:23 AM
Power Poster

that's why I said above ignore my post I hadn't thought it through well enough. open mouth insert foot! LOL

tho I was thinking you could have the list of likes and colors etc and then just use it more as a guide to choose from if you want to. No it won't be tailored for anyone person but it might spark some new ideas to have a list of colors etc.

I'll give it some more thought and see if it can be redefined to be useful or not.
I am dreading getting a very pink or very white or black wall hanging. LOL
Old 03-30-2016, 10:06 AM
Power Poster

You know Anna much as we all want our precious wall hangings to be loved sometimes there is just one that isn't our cup of tea. If you get one that you want to share with a friend or relative noone would be insulted. It is great to share with others!

when I first started swapping I had to ask myself it I could accept something that wasn't up to standard(poorly made) and if I got something I didn't like could I smile and say thank you. I decided I could. I can't say I've ever gotten anything that I totally disliked but I have gotten some that wouldn't have been my choice. I however have learned to love them (I think! LOL) and I love just knowing I am holding something my friend and swapper held a few short hours before I got it.

I know other swappers who share with family and friends when they get so many small quilts/wall hangings etc that they just don't have room for it all. or a family member loves a particular one etc.

If you ever get one you really don't care for I see no reason why you can't share it with someone who will appreciate it.

How do you all feel about this?
Is it hurtful to the maker if you share a wall hanging or small quilt you receive in a swap?

I had received some quilt blocks in a swap and they just laid on my shelf. I donated them to a charity group who takes orphan blocks and makes charity quilts.

You could also donate a wall hanging to a charity.
Old 03-30-2016, 10:36 AM

Hmmm that might make a nice idea for this swap. Keep a list of everyone's favorite colors and favorite fabric types as in Batik / CW / Calico etc That would make a nice resource for everyone from swap to swap. I could post it as a PDF with all that info at the beginning of the swap each time. It would save some research time then you would only have to go research your receiver if you want to get a better feel of how she thinks. but you'd have the basics already covered. What do you all think?
I like the idea.