Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 16 - OverAchievers - 2 month group >

Boom 16 - OverAchievers - 2 month group

Boom 16 - OverAchievers - 2 month group

Old 04-19-2016, 12:30 PM

Yes I am forever telling someone wow your dress etc would be a beautiful print for a quilt

QuiltingMomma sorry for your fall. A 8 month old coon hound must have tons of strength and energy. Do you have any pictures of her or him?
Old 04-20-2016, 07:32 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]548273[/ATTACH]
Here is the beautiful coon hound, Buddy. He is a sweetie, just have to get him past this puppy stage. He is in dog training (owner training) right now. He can be a handful, but a delight.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20160417_070907.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	1.69 MB
ID:	548273  
Old 04-20-2016, 07:48 AM

Making quilts from clothes, clothes from curtains, quilts into curtains, human clothes into chicken cloths, etc.... yes all the time.
Old 04-20-2016, 10:36 AM

Quiltermomma he is a real sweetie.

kassandra you are a hoot.
Old 04-20-2016, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
Making quilts from clothes, clothes from curtains, quilts into curtains, human clothes into chicken cloths, etc.... yes all the time.
Ok, ladies, you can have a giggle at my expense. 1971, husband in the Air Force, 2 boys under 2 in cloth diapers & no washing machine (disposables hadn't been thought of yet) living 700 miles from home with few resources and even less money. Our apt had a window in the kitchen that was at least 45" square, probably bigger, with just a pull down roller shade. We were in NC, land of fabric outlets. Right next to the laundromat! And one within walking distance. We had no car. With both boys in tow I pawed through piles of fabric & found a white cotton with small flowers piece of fabric big enough to make a curtain for that humongous window. I was so proud, and happy I didn't have to pull that window shade down anymore. Happy.

A couple of weeks later, a family from the base invited us to go to the beach. Not just the beach, the OCEAN. I'm a Midwest girl, rivers & reservoirs were what I'd seen in my life. Not the ocean, but I didn't have a bathing suit. 2 babies in 22 months my body was not the same as it had been!

Ok, I can sew one. But the price of the pattern & elastic & lining didn't leave enough for fabric. Oh my, it didn't take long before I saw my bathing suit hanging in the kitchen window. Wasn't a difficult decision. I wore that suit the whole 2 1/2 years we were in NC. Don't remember ever making another curtain for that window. I still laugh when I think of making that curtain out of what would soon be my bathing suit!
Old 04-20-2016, 11:01 AM

I just realized I'm in OA instead of GT. oops. I get easily confused.
Old 04-20-2016, 11:05 AM

LOL I love hearing these tales of how it was back then. Been there and done that myself. I remember well when disposables were nonexistant. They didn't exist until my third child came along. You know, we made do with what we had and thought nothing of it at the time. Such is life. What doesn't kill you will make you stronger!
Old 04-20-2016, 12:45 PM

Well I can say I've never made a swim suit out of curtains ........... however I did this today ............... Okay guys, Miss Phyllis went broody, but that poses some logistic problems, how does a momma chicken keep her babies warm w/o feathers. The answer of course is a special maternity dress, like that wasn't obvious This is prototype one. It is the leg of one of Gary's thermal undies and some wool scraps.

Old 04-20-2016, 12:50 PM

OMG..poor chicken..but her dress is too cute, and I am surprised that she wore it...very smart of you to figure that out!
Old 04-20-2016, 12:59 PM

Doesn't hold a candle to my swimsuit! I'd say she's dressed to the nines for a new mom!

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
Well I can say I've never made a swim suit out of curtains ........... however I did this today ............... Okay guys, Miss Phyllis went broody, but that poses some logistic problems, how does a momma chicken keep her babies warm w/o feathers. The answer of course is a special maternity dress, like that wasn't obvious This is prototype one. It is the leg of one of Gary's thermal undies and some wool scraps.