Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
lag when typing >

lag when typing

lag when typing

Old 04-20-2016, 07:14 AM
mac

I was having this problem frequently when I was typing with my WI-FI keyboard that I just purchased. It happened mostly when I was typing a note in email, it was so frustrating waiting for it to catch-up and then having to delete the double words, etc. I also noticed that my WI-FI mouse was acting all squirrelly, that at times it seemed to have a mind of its own.

Then I just happened to read an article about routers and how all of the WI-FI things we have in our homes (cell phones, TV, Kindle, computers, etc.) that it is a strain on an older router's capabilities. It said that the newer routers were better to handle all of these items. I googled routers and found that the Nighthawk 1900 from Netgear was a good router to get and it wasn't the most expensive to buy. I paid around $120 from Costco.

Since that time, I have not had any more problems with "delay" typing. It seems to me that to fix any problem, all you have to do is just throw money at it. Fortunately, I could afford this one problem, this one time.
Old 04-20-2016, 07:47 AM

Dunster helped me out with this a few months ago. I followed her advice and it worked. Here it is.... give it a try:

"It is probably your settings for the forum. Go to Settings at the top of the page, then to General Settings under My Account on the left of the page. Under Miscellaneous Options, change Message Editor Interface to Standard Editor. I hope this works for you. "
Old 04-20-2016, 07:59 AM

This happened to me a few times in the last week; not much before that. My IT man suggested I might need a new modem, but I don't know if that would fix this problem. It surely is annoying.
Old 04-20-2016, 08:50 AM

Did any of you try this, it's helped many people with the same problem. Don't go buying new equipment when you don't have to! http://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help...ml#post6789003
Old 04-20-2016, 08:59 AM

My typing was slowed, and I was having loss of internet connection. Didn't matter using my phone, Office, or on here. A computer guy at a big box store told me to get rid of my N type modem and router. With smartphones, tablets, laptops, PC's and now smart TV use all in the same house, too many things are trying to get connections. Amazing the difference we saw after replacing our 6 year old modem/router. Plus, I clean out the cache on a regular basis using ccleaner. This is what worked for us.
Old 04-20-2016, 01:55 PM

I clicked on "Settings" and got nothing. But of course my typing is acting just fine now.
Old 04-21-2016, 12:04 PM

Okay, Bluegrassgirl, I'm going to give that a try and see what happens. Will keep everyone posted!
Old 04-22-2016, 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by BluegrassGurl View Post
Dunster helped me out with this a few months ago. I followed her advice and it worked. Here it is.... give it a try:

"It is probably your settings for the forum. Go to Settings at the top of the page, then to General Settings under My Account on the left of the page. Under Miscellaneous Options, change Message Editor Interface to Standard Editor. I hope this works for you. "

This has helped TREMENDOUSLY! Thank you so much!!!!