Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 16 - OverAchievers - 2 month group >

Boom 16 - OverAchievers - 2 month group

Boom 16 - OverAchievers - 2 month group

Old 05-07-2016, 05:07 AM

Good morning, everyone. It's a beautiful Saturday morning in Georgia!

Here's my block for Terriamn. Terri, since I couldn't bear cutting up that beautiful fabric (and too many butterfly wings and heads), I chose this QC beacon lights variation. It has the large area to show off your fabric and some small hourglasses. I hope you will like it and that it will work well with your other blocks. This block is one of my favorites but I don't know that I've ever made it in three colors before. It definitely caused me some confusion but I got it straightened out this morning.

That's it for me, all done with this Boom's blocks. It's a relief since I had last minute problems, and it's a bit sad too but now it's off to my UFOs for a while.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	JJ for Terri oa (1) - Copy.JPG
Views:	76
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	549487  
Old 05-07-2016, 06:13 AM

I LOVE that block Janice! Was thinking it wont be long till I get the 2 months blocks back then duh....I remembered I asked you to mail them ALL together so it will be a couple months yet! Ill go back to my patch pal quilts im making. finished the flamingo and cut out the racoon, elephant and lion...got half the raccoon done. My grandson keeps saying 'is that mine" on all of them..Have the HARD task of picking out a quilt for work. Next week is National Nursing home week and I told them I would donate a quilt as a drawing...Hard to pick. Got to move all my succulants outside to the porch today and seperate my aloe..its gotten hugh! Hope my two tomatoe plants do better than last year! Glad its a beautiful day here in Missouri!
Old 05-07-2016, 06:36 AM

Love the block Janice , it really showcases the fabric. We set a new temp record here yesterday 90 degrees. Unbelievable today it's going to be the normal average of 62. One heck of a swing
Old 05-07-2016, 06:54 AM

Joan, let me know if you want me to mail the groups separately. Can do. You can send the additional shipping money before the second set goes out.
Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
I LOVE that block Janice! Was thinking it wont be long till I get the 2 months blocks back then duh....I remembered I asked you to mail them ALL together so it will be a couple months yet! Ill go back to my patch pal quilts im making. finished the flamingo and cut out the racoon, elephant and lion...got half the raccoon done. My grandson keeps saying 'is that mine" on all of them..Have the HARD task of picking out a quilt for work. Next week is National Nursing home week and I told them I would donate a quilt as a drawing...Hard to pick. Got to move all my succulants outside to the porch today and seperate my aloe..its gotten hugh! Hope my two tomatoe plants do better than last year! Glad its a beautiful day here in Missouri!
Old 05-07-2016, 06:59 AM

Whew, glad you like it! (Joan, this is the same block I used for you but yours was in 2 colors.)

Stay cool today. It's cool here now, only low 60's but we're in for a warming trend next week. It never is cold in GA for very long.

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Love the block Janice , it really showcases the fabric. We set a new temp record here yesterday 90 degrees. Unbelievable today it's going to be the normal average of 62. One heck of a swing
Old 05-08-2016, 05:24 AM

Default Happy Mothers Day

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY To all of you Lovely Mothers, Grandmothers and Great Grandmothers.

I hope you all have a great day playing with your quilting tools and toys
Old 05-08-2016, 05:26 AM

All great blocks Janice I don't know what it is but Terri's is pretty much perfect I love the 3 color version of that block.
Old 05-09-2016, 08:08 AM

Thank you Janice, love the showcasing of the characters. I know it may not have been the most fun fabric to work with, but the young man it is going to is going to love this quilt. So much, he is going to rub it into his brother's eyes to show his "man cave" quilt. LOL
Old 05-09-2016, 10:17 AM

Quilter momma when I send my grandson's sport fabric it won't be the most fun fabric to sew with but I picked fabrics I know he is hoping to love. For me it's fun when I find just the right coordinating colors and a pattern that showcases the fabric.
Old 05-10-2016, 06:00 AM

QuilterMomma, please check the tracking on your package. It might be worth a call to your local PO to see if they can get it moving as it appears "stuck" in Spokane.

Kassaundra, your package has arrived and all the blocks are in good shape. Thank you.

So, OAs, as soon as QM's and NanaKathy's packages arrive, I'll sort them and send them on their merry way home for those of you who requested shipping. For the others, I'll hold them safely (aka ogle them once in a while) until your GTs are ready to ship. Getting close!