Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 16 - OverAchievers - 2 month group >

Boom 16 - OverAchievers - 2 month group

Boom 16 - OverAchievers - 2 month group

Old 05-10-2016, 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Quilter momma when I send my grandson's sport fabric it won't be the most fun fabric to sew with but I picked fabrics I know he is hoping to love. For me it's fun when I find just the right coordinating colors and a pattern that showcases the fabric.
I agree also I have become a much better quilter by using fabrics I would probably not choose and by trying to see someone elses vision and doing my best to follow their requests. I have ventured into new quilting territory that I may never have found with out the swap and it has made me appreciate things like using whites, and understand more about color placement. I don't have it down (obviously you have seen my blocks) but it is better how scary is that thought?
Old 05-10-2016, 09:05 AM

I agree about it making us better. Each boom I join I find at least two fabrics I struggle with. This time it was QM's and Kassaundra's. Nothing at all wrong with them, just not fabrics I'd chose so that makes me stretch. I held them to the end because I kept hoping I'd be inspired. That inspiration never really came on those two but I fought the urge just to make an easy block and call it a day. I don't know if I succeeded with those blocks (not looking for confirmation or consolation) but I gave it the best I had for those fabrics. Even so, I'm fighting the urge to change one of them even now but that's a slippery slope!
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
I agree also I have become a much better quilter by using fabrics I would probably not choose and by trying to see someone elses vision and doing my best to follow their requests. I have ventured into new quilting territory that I may never have found with out the swap and it has made me appreciate things like using whites, and understand more about color placement. I don't have it down (obviously you have seen my blocks) but it is better how scary is that thought?
Old 05-10-2016, 09:21 AM

I completely agree Janice, each boom there have been fabric or requests I have struggled with. Sometimes I love the fabric just have a hard time w/ making it into a block, other times I've raised an eyebrow (figuratively since I can't do it really, it's both or none) at choices only to be gobbsmacked w/ how good it turns out. I learn something new each boom.
Old 05-10-2016, 09:56 AM

This is unreal!!! I call the USPS and they can't do anything at this point. They said to wait another day to see if it gets unstuck. Really *#*#*#*#*#*#*#!
I will call them again tomorrow. I now, after an hour searching and calling everywhere I can, have a number to get a hold of a live person. This will be the second time in three years a package of mine is lost in the shuffle and both times it is quilting. Who knew.
Old 05-10-2016, 12:18 PM

Well, take heart. It'll turn up. We had one member's package, perfectly addressed by her, end up in a PO 40 miles away, probably because our zips are one digit different. It finally got here. Yours will too. And if it's a bit late, it's just the way it is and we will all cope. I'm sorry it's so aggravating for you. Breathe deeply. It'll work out.
Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
This is unreal!!! I call the USPS and they can't do anything at this point. They said to wait another day to see if it gets unstuck. Really *#*#*#*#*#*#*#!
I will call them again tomorrow. I now, after an hour searching and calling everywhere I can, have a number to get a hold of a live person. This will be the second time in three years a package of mine is lost in the shuffle and both times it is quilting. Who knew.
Old 05-10-2016, 12:31 PM

It becomes a bother because I worked hard to be sure I got them in the mail on time, plus I don't have some of the fabrics to make duplicate blocks if it gets lost. One time I was doing a row by row and a set of rows got lost in the mail. That was devestating. Just don't want that to happen again.
Old 05-10-2016, 12:55 PM

That's a terrible shame about the row by row piece! No wonder you're so upset. My experience has been considerably better. Packages have gotten misplaced for a few days but every one has turned up. My hopes are this will be another one of those cases.
Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
It becomes a bother because I worked hard to be sure I got them in the mail on time, plus I don't have some of the fabrics to make duplicate blocks if it gets lost. One time I was doing a row by row and a set of rows got lost in the mail. That was devestating. Just don't want that to happen again.
Old 05-10-2016, 05:08 PM

I mailed a Veterans coin to a dear friend in Iowa...it ended up in South Dakota! But the next day it was in Iowa where it should have been. My brother mailed me a package from Florida...was in Tampa a week, went to Georgia to the dead letter file and he had to file a complaint to get it resent...ugh..took 2 weeks for me to get it but I did eventually get it! Everyone say a prayer that her package shows up!!
Old 05-10-2016, 05:38 PM

Doesn't matter it seems if it's a package or an envelope, granddaughter sent me a b-day card from Fort Worth, Texas on the 12th of April for my May 1 day......got it yesterday....How do you figure that? I swear some days must be better than others
Old 05-11-2016, 03:16 AM

That's absurd! I know it usually takes an extra day or two for our packages to reach you but two weeks plus for a card? I wonder why that happens???
Originally Posted by jaba View Post
Doesn't matter it seems if it's a package or an envelope, granddaughter sent me a b-day card from Fort Worth, Texas on the 12th of April for my May 1 day......got it yesterday....How do you figure that? I swear some days must be better than others