BOOM 17 Sign-ups OPEN!

Old 07-19-2016, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
Isnt it funny how life takes us places? When I was 10-11 I went to a kids ballet recital and fell in love with dancing... never took lessons, danced all the time to American Bandstand and sang to every song...My grandmother had a player piano and I learned a little of the keys and notes but never took lessons..ALWAYS wanted to play...2 years ago one of the nursing homes was throwing away their piano...ARE YOU NUTS I said..you cant throw away a piano so I went over and picked it up and its in my living room..kids love to hear it make noise...hopefully one of these years ONE of them will want to play it.. my sister plays beautifully, cousin plays by ear...they both tell me its NOT too late to learn... Heres my real hope!!
That is a cutie patootie the musical talent seem to run your family you should try it.
Old 07-19-2016, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Hello everyone. Sad news: the "dino blanket" is out. Seems he wants a quilt with just the dinosaur print he likes on the front (no blocks) and a tone on tone flannel on the back. I can put that together in a few hours and get it to the LA fast, before the Christmas rush. So I'm back to wondering what I will send. Greys probably. Or I have a lot of turkey reds that would be great with blacks. Hmmmm. Better decide soon.

Just an fyi, no additional sign-ups for the 2 month group since the last list was posted. Enjoy the rest of your evening.
Well thats is depressing I was so excited about that. because this is about me not your son right? hahahaha :/
Old 07-19-2016, 06:29 PM

Joan what a cutie, hope he decides to play the piano.

All my fabric is washed, ironed and cut. Still have to bag up one of the groups. Will take pictures tomorrow.
Old 07-19-2016, 07:01 PM
Power Poster

What a cute little piano player!

Billi, how lucky you are to have those two sisters.

Perhaps a few of you 3-month-ers would like to play in the 2 month group too?

I just got my Row by Row quilt finished and posted it in pictures. Now if I can find one of my quilt shops that hasn't gotten a winner yet, I may win the fat quarters! You can see it here:
http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...w-t280591.html
Old 07-19-2016, 07:08 PM

Awesome sewbizgirl, or course my favorite row is the chicken house, except your chickens appear to be over dressed! lol lol lol at least for my chicken house.
Old 07-19-2016, 07:33 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
Awesome sewbizgirl, or course my favorite row is the chicken house, except your chickens appear to be over dressed! lol lol lol at least for my chicken house.
yeah, I love how they constructed the chicken coop in that one. So cute. That would make a great banner for a kid's room. BTW, I'm going to a workshop in Mobile Thursday and will be passing through Hattiesburg where that kit came from. If you or anybody wants a kit I could pick them up. Pattern and fabrics with the interfacing already fused on for $12.99 plus tax! (That was the cheapest kit I found.) PM me before Thursday. Or I could just get you a pattern, but it's hard to find the chicken wire and wood fabrics without a kit.
Old 07-19-2016, 08:22 PM

Joan how adorable. I assume that's your grandson. What a beaming smile too.

Bill lucky you to have your fun 2 sisters to hang with. I'm heading to Oregon next week to meet my sister whose in Alaska. When she comes down to the lower 48 my sister whose about an hour & I try to meet up. Should be fun.

Last edited by Muse&Sew; 07-19-2016 at 08:24 PM.
Old 07-20-2016, 03:10 AM

looks like I need to cut and bag a few more, the 2 month group keeps growing
Old 07-20-2016, 03:11 AM

I'd love to do another row robin....trying to get one started. your quilt is so cute.

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
What a cute little piano player!

Billi, how lucky you are to have those two sisters.

Perhaps a few of you 3-month-ers would like to play in the 2 month group too?

I just got my Row by Row quilt finished and posted it in pictures. Now if I can find one of my quilt shops that hasn't gotten a winner yet, I may win the fat quarters! You can see it here:
http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...w-t280591.html
Old 07-20-2016, 03:20 AM

Love your row Robin. How in the order did you end up with the one from Perham Mn? That is about 30 minutes from my sisters. Think I am going to make table runner for the lake out of mine