Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Pattern help please.. >

Pattern help please..

Pattern help please..

Old 07-25-2016, 12:32 PM

Beautiful fabric! I also vote for the Warm Wishes pattern, which if free online, in case you didn't know that. There are all kinds of ways you could make that pattern work. You would probably want another fabric though...something that reads as one color. I just say that because the pattern calls for 4 fabrics. One focus and three others.

That really is beautiful fabric! You are going to have a beautiful quilt, no matter what you decide.

Dina
Old 07-25-2016, 01:27 PM
Power Poster

Make a few (at least) fold and sew wreaths. You can even give them for Christmas.
Old 07-25-2016, 05:46 PM

I'm guessing, but it looks like you could fussy cut the birds into 5" squares. So any pattern that you like that features 'charm packs' would work. I would definitely add a cream and depending on the pattern, maybe a forest green. You could add a red, but that can be a very difficult color to match. One of my favorite bindings I made (totally by accident) was a sort of striped pattern that I had to cut crosswise to use - long, crazy story! It looked fantastic with the multi colors peeping out at the edge. I would consider doing this type of binding with the ribbon leftovers. I think the birds and ribbons are a great start to a wonderful holiday project.
Old 07-26-2016, 04:01 AM

Pretty, pretty fabric. The birds would definitely look great in a fussy cut as center block. Great job!!!!