Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Enchanted Plumes >

Enchanted Plumes

Enchanted Plumes

Old 08-02-2016, 06:53 AM

Love your use of the panel. I have those and would never have thought of atic window. Did you make your own pattern to make the large size windows? My fav for some panels is Side lights.
Old 08-02-2016, 10:40 AM
Power Poster

Both are absolutely gorgeous, love all the teals and blues, along with the peacocks of course.
Old 08-02-2016, 01:28 PM

What a "beautiful view" from the window. The second one is equally as nice.
Old 08-02-2016, 02:08 PM

Wonderful quilts! I, too, used to have peacocks about 40 years ago when we first moved to this little farm. We are on a private road with 2 other houses and we are at the dead end. A perfect place to have peafowl as our neighbors are far away. And YES they are noisy. They are like dogs that bark at any varmit or stranger that comes. They roost high in the trees around our house and can see anything crawling around - such as a coyote, possum, raccoon, etc. They have a really loud yell - that sounds like a woman screaming 'HELP". Our male was so beautiful, my DH found an old HUGE mirror at a garage sale, maybe from a dresser. He leaned it up against the barn and the stupid male peacock would see his reflection in the mirror and start strutting, with his tale feathers held up high. They lose their long tail feathers in the summer and finally get them back in the winter. Ours was mean and would attack us - so DH had to sell him.
Old 08-02-2016, 02:11 PM

beautiful...both of them
Old 08-02-2016, 03:53 PM

Beautiful quilts, I can't decide which one I like best.
Old 08-02-2016, 04:02 PM

I love both of them but the attic window quilt is my favorite.

Thanks for sharing.

Connie
Old 08-02-2016, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by NikkiLu View Post
Wonderful quilts! I, too, used to have peacocks about 40 years ago when we first moved to this little farm. We are on a private road with 2 other houses and we are at the dead end. A perfect place to have peafowl as our neighbors are far away. And YES they are noisy. They are like dogs that bark at any varmit or stranger that comes. They roost high in the trees around our house and can see anything crawling around - such as a coyote, possum, raccoon, etc. They have a really loud yell - that sounds like a woman screaming 'HELP". Our male was so beautiful, my DH found an old HUGE mirror at a garage sale, maybe from a dresser. He leaned it up against the barn and the stupid male peacock would see his reflection in the mirror and start strutting, with his tale feathers held up high. They lose their long tail feathers in the summer and finally get them back in the winter. Ours was mean and would attack us - so DH had to sell him.

All sounds very familiar. Ours weren't mean, and I had a couple of times when the hens actually hatched their eggs without anything getting them and then we had baby peafowl. Loved them and their beauty.