Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Ever Sewen Sparrow 20 >

Ever Sewen Sparrow 20

Ever Sewen Sparrow 20

Old 08-02-2016, 07:51 PM

Having had experience with Chinese made quality, I'd be leary of this machine. China isn't known for making quality items unless they are being held to a high standard by the whoever is paying.

And I agree, I'd check and see if they are going to provide support and carry parts for the machine. If they have to order parts every time you need them, it can mean your machine is in the shop for weeks rather than days.

I'd stick with a Brother.

Edit: I was just talking to my husband and he made a good point. The only problem area isn't the gears, it could also be the electronics which, again, the Chinese aren't known to make good boards unless the client is demanding it and I don't know if this company is demanding high quality.

Last edited by cashs_mom; 08-02-2016 at 08:03 PM.
Old 08-03-2016, 02:14 AM

Keep in mind that metals are not all good and plastics are not all bad.
Old 08-03-2016, 02:51 AM
Power Poster

http://www.eversewn.com/
Old 08-03-2016, 08:19 AM

[QUOTE=Cari-in-Oly;7617670]
Originally Posted by mike'sgirl View Post
I would buy the brother. This machine was made in China and also has only 1 review. It sounds good, but you know what they say about that...too good to be true. Buy a machine locally, that way if something goes wrong you don't have to ship it back. Just my 2 cents.[/QUOTE

Country of origin isn't necessarily a down side. Almost all sewing machines are now made in China, Japan or Taiwan.

Cari

When I searched where this was machine was manufactured I came up with Inglewood California.
Old 08-03-2016, 09:04 AM

[QUOTE=cwcquilters;7618342]
Originally Posted by Cari-in-Oly View Post

When I searched where this was machine was manufactured I came up with Inglewood California.
It said on the Amazon link that it was made in China. It may be distributed thru a company in California. Companies sometimes do that to appear domestic.
Old 08-03-2016, 11:58 AM

Here is there store locator. Nothing says hand on!!

http://www.eversewn.com/storelocator
Old 08-03-2016, 04:09 PM

I believe this machine is a joint effort between Bernina and Brewer Sewing. It appears that Brewer is owned by Bernina: https://www.bernina.com/en-US/Why-BE...mpanies/BREWER
Old 08-03-2016, 04:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by caspharm View Post
I believe this machine is a joint effort between Bernina and Brewer Sewing. It appears that Brewer is owned by Bernina: https://www.bernina.com/en-US/Why-BE...mpanies/BREWER
Bernina owns several companies that they don't really have anything to do with. If this machine was made by Bernina, their name would be all over it. Brewer is just the distributor.

Cari
Old 08-03-2016, 05:28 PM
Power Poster

My best guess is a company had the machine made to specifications from a manufacturer that makes other brands of sewing machines. No uncommon for new products but uncommon for a new brand of sewing machines. I can't see a company going to that expense to make a mark in the sewing industry to have an unquality machine knowing it would fail in a few years when the word got out.
Old 08-03-2016, 05:32 PM

Brewer is the trademark owner and marketer of EverSewn machines. They are made in China to specs established by Brewer. The manufacturer is not stated anywhere I can find, though it is likely the same as the maker of Bernette machines, very likely Janome.