Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Elna 7200 >

Elna 7200

Elna 7200

Old 08-12-2016, 03:12 PM

Default Elna 7200

I am thinking of purchasing a used Elna 7200 quilters dream machine. It has been used very little and has several
feet, foot control, knee lifter and quilt table. The asking price is $700. Is this a machine you would recommend.
I have a Viking #l (which I love) but it is getting on in years. I would appreciate any feedback as I know very
little about Elnas. Thanks for any information. Brenda
Old 08-12-2016, 04:12 PM

Is your Viking giving you problems? Or do you just want a new machine? If you really like your Viking why not just get it tuned up? My "new" machine is 18 years old now but works great so I'm not buying another right now.
Old 08-12-2016, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Brenda View Post
I am thinking of purchasing a used Elna 7200 quilters dream machine. It has been used very little and has several
feet, foot control, knee lifter and quilt table. The asking price is $700. Is this a machine you would recommend.
I have a Viking #l (which I love) but it is getting on in years. I would appreciate any feedback as I know very
I believe this model has the accufeed foot. Very nice feature. SewingPatternREview has some user reviews you might be interested. The reviews even include what the user paid for the machine, which is really a nice feature.

You have to be a member but membership is free. http://sewing.patternreview.com/Sewi.../Review/1/2673
Old 08-12-2016, 05:04 PM

Newer Elnas are made by Janome, but not sure about this model.
Old 08-12-2016, 06:54 PM

I have that same machine and I love it. I purchased ed it used about 10 years ago for close to $2000, so you are getting a good price. Purchased another newer Elna Embroidery machine, have a Singer and Brother, but the 7200 quilters dream is still my favorite. It is quiet, strong, every stitch is perfect and comes with all the feed you will need for quilting. I find it very easy to operate, all the feet are great to use, and the knee lifter is nice when you are free motion quilting. I have used every decorative stitch on it - everything works beautifully and I enjoy using it and find I prefer it.
Old 08-12-2016, 08:05 PM

I have the ELNA 7000, bought about 30 years ago. the only thing to go wrong with it is it needed a new mother board last year, and I replaced it with a used one at the cost of $400. what do I love? Obviously dependability, and the heirloom stitches available (they are hard to find), metal feet, metal bobbins. What do I hate? my walking foot doesnt fit this machine (the bar that lowers the foot down, hits the side of the walking foot and interferes with its ability to get in contact with the fabric and feeddog. I dont "piece" with it, The black bar on the 1/4" foot hits the right feed dog where the right leg of the 1/4' foot should hit the right feed dog. Consequently, it makes a lousy start, and too often bunches and knots. Always needs a leader/ender to prevent bunching that the single hole plate and new needle won't solve. I've given up doing small pieces on this machine. Feet are pricey and I think (not sure) the vikings feet wont fit) That is my story.
Old 08-13-2016, 03:52 AM

Be sure to let us know what you decided...Good luck
Old 08-15-2016, 07:20 AM

I have the Elna Quilter's Dream II and love it! I got it used about 10 yrs ago. It was a trade in. My hubby has offered to buy me a new one but I just asked him why? This one is still going strong. I try to have it serviced every year but am about 6 months behind so will wait another 6 and then get it done right after Christmas.
Old 08-15-2016, 04:53 PM

I brought the Elna home to try, but was using the Viking. It just started acting up...the blanket stitch would not behave...turned it off then tried again and it worked ok...then the fabric would not feed ( yes the feed dogs were
up). I think its feelings were hurt . I am going to see if it can be repaired. I then used the Elna. It does have
a lot of features that I like. Finished my quilt top on the Elna.
Old 08-15-2016, 08:12 PM

My Elna Quilt Pro Queen is a similar model and made by Janome (feet interchange). I love mine and love the number of stitches, the built in walking foot, the 1/4" foot that came with it. I especially love the needle up/down feature.