Boom 17 - TOPAZ

Old 08-18-2016, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
((( I'm free! Free to breath and move around. I'm able to get some sleep. To read a book. I'm free!))) Oops, did I say that aloud?

F8s are gone, on their way to all of you.
Woohoo! It's been a day and and a half... are you bored with your freedom yet?
Old 08-18-2016, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
Another update on the space quilt. All the parts are on now except the binding. I have a little more quilting to do first. It is for an 8 y/o boy so hoping he likes it.
I think it's wonderful and my 26 year old daughter LOVES it!!!!!! She wants to now how she can get one too. To be fair she is kind of a 12 year old boy she loves super hero's (batman), video games, football, comic books, and reptiles. So I think you'll be fine.
Old 08-19-2016, 03:22 AM

Good Morning Kass! So many QB Boomerang friends have contacted regarding you post. I love your quilt and was thrilled to hear the extra fabric allowed you to create the "sunshine" in the center! I miss everyone...all of my Boomer Sisterhood.

I haven't been able to commit to a Swap this year. My mother is still in a near by nursing home. I go to see her almost daily now. This week my siblings will fly in to meet with her physician to make a decision as to whether we will begin tube feeding. This has been a difficult journey. I was afraid to join a Boom and then not be able to deliver on time.

I still find time to sew, finishing up my previous Boom Quilts and participating in the Splendid Sampler program sponsored by Pat Sloan. There is not deadline..and I am learning a lots about different applications and there are no judges.

Hope to be back here when I get my skills up to Boom standards.

Your message meant so much, Kass

Miss all of you,
Bee
Old 08-19-2016, 04:57 AM

Ibex, I was bored in a couple of hours . I emailed a couple of people abt their f8s and began matching up colors. Last night I worked on Terriamn's block. I'm going more slowly than usual, trying to enjoy the process instead of just hurrying to get them done. And this time I'm pulling blocks that I've done in the past (I have a slew of them) and not looking at patterns much online. It was quite an enjoyable evening.
Originally Posted by ibex94 View Post
Woohoo! It's been a day and and a half... are you bored with your freedom yet?
Old 08-19-2016, 05:00 AM

Kass, he'll love it!
Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
Another update on the space quilt. All the parts are on now except the binding. I have a little more quilting to do first. It is for an 8 y/o boy so hoping he likes it.
Old 08-19-2016, 05:20 AM

Good Morning Ladies..your F-8's have arrived..and I must say that your fabric is just beautiful..I pulled them out one by one and read your notes (by the way, I love the stories about where they are going)..I can't wait to get started!!!
Hoping you all have a wonderful weekend and Happy Sewing
Old 08-19-2016, 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by Bee Beatty View Post
Good Morning Kass! So many QB Boomerang friends have contacted regarding you post. I love your quilt and was thrilled to hear the extra fabric allowed you to create the "sunshine" in the center! I miss everyone...all of my Boomer Sisterhood.

I haven't been able to commit to a Swap this year. My mother is still in a near by nursing home. I go to see her almost daily now. This week my siblings will fly in to meet with her physician to make a decision as to whether we will begin tube feeding. This has been a difficult journey. I was afraid to join a Boom and then not be able to deliver on time.

I still find time to sew, finishing up my previous Boom Quilts and participating in the Splendid Sampler program sponsored by Pat Sloan. There is not deadline..and I am learning a lots about different applications and there are no judges.

Miss all of you,
Bee
Bee, It's so good to hear from you! So sorry to hear of the decisions you and your family are facing. I know we all miss you like everything, but I'm sure we all understand you need some down time to handle life. ((((((Hugs)))))) Keep your chin up. We're always here for you.
Old 08-19-2016, 05:48 AM

Miss all of you,
Bee
Hi Bee,
Nice to see you I hope you comeback and show us your completed boom projects Janice even has a place in the gallery for finishes.

I'm so very sorry about your mom I know how very difficult this time can be. We miss your shinning face and the joy you always bring with you.
Old 08-19-2016, 06:09 AM

Miss all of you,
Bee
Good morning Bee, glad you are doing well, so sorry about your mom though. I look forward to your return to the Booms when your life permits.
Old 08-19-2016, 06:37 AM

[QUOTE=Janice McC;7630716]Ibex, I was bored in a couple of hours . I emailed a couple of people abt their f8s and began matching up colors. Last night I worked on Terriamn's block. I'm going more slowly than usual, trying to enjoy the process instead of just hurrying to get them done

Janice, glad you enjoyed yourself. I'm hoping to do the same. Usually the boom blocks consume my life, like the idea of using tried and true patterns