Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
Firefox - anyone else having issues with it? >

Firefox - anyone else having issues with it?

Firefox - anyone else having issues with it?

Old 08-01-2016, 09:04 AM

I think I got an automatic update from Firefox a few weeks ago and it is/was a mess. It knocked out my ad blocker and finally I figured out how to get it back. It still is unresponsive a lot. They used to send an crash alert for me but even stopped doing that for me. Never did get a response about what to do about the problem.
I live with it for now as I heard some not so good things about Chrome. Daughter will be here in a couple of weeks and will have a look at it for me.
Old 08-01-2016, 11:37 AM

fire fox is also not responding
won't load up pages
i have verizon dsl
Old 08-02-2016, 04:33 AM

we were having so many issues with Firefox - switched to Google Chrome and love it.
Old 08-02-2016, 07:18 AM

FF just stops working and the message says it is not responding. I get the same message with IE. Sure don;t want to switch to Chrome. Hope new laptop will help some.
Old 08-02-2016, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by bearisgray View Post
Sometimes/ Frequently - when I try to post a reply, a screen comes up - I think if is from the QB - asking if I want to stay on the page or leave the page - I check stay on the page - and whatever I was attempting to post - gets vanished.
Just an FYI...Windows 10 has a new browser called Edge. Works fine for me, by the way.
Old 08-18-2016, 08:11 AM
Power Poster

Firefox is still frequently stopping unexpectedly. Especially when I am attempting to Reply to Trhead.
Old 08-18-2016, 02:33 PM

I get that message a lot and I'm not using Firefox. The QB has a lot of problems, as noted.
I get more errors and troubles with the QB vs any other forum/blog I use. Makes me get frustrated and just sign off.
Old 08-18-2016, 02:57 PM

I'm still having issues with FF as well. It crashed this AM (again) but when I restarted, was back on the page I had been viewing. It apparently also does not like to play well with hotmail. I really don't like the tracking in Chrome. Does anyone know if IE has an effective ad blocker these days? Used to use them all the time till the pop up ads started making me crazier than I already am.
Old 08-18-2016, 03:23 PM

I have chrome, none of the issues you are referring to have occurred to me.....(except maybe the tracking)
Old 08-19-2016, 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by NJ Quilter View Post
I'm still having issues with FF as well. It crashed this AM (again) but when I restarted, was back on the page I had been viewing. It apparently also does not like to play well with hotmail. I really don't like the tracking in Chrome. Does anyone know if IE has an effective ad blocker these days? Used to use them all the time till the pop up ads started making me crazier than I already am.
The browser that came with Windows 10 is Edge.